iPhone 6s cannot be synced, an unknown error has occurred

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Flyingstar, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

It synced when I got it two weeks ago. today I wanted to remove some of the albums in "my music" and keep getting this pop up: "this iPhone cannot be synced, an unknown error has occurred"
    Tried three times then did a hard reboot of the phone and tried again, same thing?

#1 Flyingstar, Nov 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

If you are syncing via WiFi you might want to try using a USB cable. If you're using a Windows machine make sure you have the latest version of iTunes. The Mac version was updated more than two weeks ago so that shouldn't be the issue if you're using a Mac.

You might also try signing out of your iTunes account in iTunes and rebooting your computer.

That's all I got for now, hopefully something works.

Edit: Does the error message include any number at all? Like "The iPhone can't be synced. An unknown error occurred (-54)"

3. Flyingstar

Flyingstar Member
    Bronze

OK lets see. I am using a PC, I am using a USB cable, I do have the latest version of Itunes, Nothing! Signing out of itunes and rebooting my puter WORKED! Thank you! One other small problem: The whole reason I wanted to sync was so I could reove some albums from "My music". I un checked them in itunes (under summary) and then synced but it did not remove the albums, so I removed them manually from the phone and when I synced again itunes put them all back on the phone even though they are not checked on Itunes????

4. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

Glad part of your problem is solved! I'm guessing you might also have the artists for those albums checked/selected which would sync everything by those artists to your device. You might also look at which playlists you have selected to sync. If you have the "purchased" playlist checked it's going to sync everything you've purchased from iTunes, even if you don't have an individual artist or album checked.