iPhone 6s part leaks begin

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Rafagon, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

A "proven source" has provided 9to5Mac with photos of the external metal casing of the upcoming iPhone 6s.

Conclusions based on those photographs that the tech site arrived at include:

• Identical design to the current iPhone 6
    • Same thickness/width
    • Different internal mounting structure
    • No dual-lense camera system
    • Antenna lines still present
    • Same connectors, speakers, and microphones
    9to5Mac is also sharing images of a logic board which shows that the iPhone 6s may carry Qualcomm’s MDM9635M chip, also known as the ‘9X35′ Gobi modem platform. Notably, the chip has the potential for up to 300 Mbps download speeds. Qualcomm also claims that the chip is more power efficient. This chip is already found within the South Korean variant of the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Assuming it makes it to final production models of the iPhone 6s, then this chip, coupled with the low power mode of iOS 9, may finally bring some significant improvements to battery life.

#1 Rafagon, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
  2. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Existing rumors of a 12-megapixel camera capable of shooting 4K videos, along with 2 GB of RAM, are getting a boost from a document allegedly leaked by a Foxconn employee. The documents mention internal model number N66 for the iPhone 6s and N71 for the iPhone 6s Plus. As with just about any prerelease information, you may want to take this with a grain of salt.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I would love to see a 6s with a black front and a back that's something other than space grey. I don't care if it's silver, gold or black.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  4. Spencerdl

Spencerdl Contributor
    Bronze

I totally agree.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd probably even join @bballrob in gold country if it had a black bezel.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Updated NFC hardware, significant reduction in overall number of chips, and the same 16 GB of storage on the base model have been identified and catalogued on an alleged prototype iPhone 6s logic board by 9to5Mac. The tech site reminds us that final storage capacity may be increased in production models, but they also remind us that Apple Senior Vice President Phil Schiller recently claimed that 16 GB of storage is still plenty for many users.

Reduced available storage requirements for updating the OS on an iPhone, beginning with iOS 9, and promoting cloud storage of users' music collections with things like iCloud Music hint that Apple may be getting ready to continue arguing that 16 GB is plenty for a base model. Limiting storage on the base model to only 16 GB is, of course, Apple's way of getting customers to shell out more cash for a 64 GB or a 128 GB iPhone model.

7. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

Weren't there design diagrams showing the 6sPlus a little thicker?

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

0.2mm.

9. Njshoremom4gurlz

Njshoremom4gurlz Contributor
    Silver

16g may have been ok back for a 5 and under now it's not. Well not w the updates on software I feel we get out of memory too soon.
    I see it all the time on my daughters 5S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

11. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

And people will still bend them for fun the day they are released....

12. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

So with Forbes reporting a base model bump from 16 gb to 32 gb (Chinese rumors leaks), I may opt for the 32 gb 6s Plus. I don't put much music on my phone. I am an app person. I currently use about 8.5 gb of storage. But I don't see myself using as much as 20 gb in the next 2 years. I could use the $100 savings to purchase Applecare+. Then again, this may just be purported rumor.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/07/20/new-iphone-6s-leak-confirms-an-increase-in-base-storage-capacities/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. diverdown

diverdown Contributor
    Silver

I see a 128gb iPhone 6s in my future. I have the 64gb 6 now and although I have about 8gb free, I plan on upgrading to the highest capacity. I'm taking a lot more video these days. Also, the apps are getting bigger, especially as they starting to release full ports to iOS and Android. KOTOR and Grim Fandango will each eat up 2+ gb's of space.

~S

14. RicK james

RicK james Member
    Bronze

I never thought I would need the 128 and when it came to buy my 6plus that's all they had. I still have about 50 gigs free. Not sure I will do it on 6s and go to the 64 but damn it's a lot of space

15. Spencerdl

Spencerdl Contributor
    Bronze

I also purchased the 128gb 6Plus and after having it for a little less than one month, I've used approx 50gb. I like the idea of not having to manage memory. With my 32gb 5s I was constantly micro managing space.

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

16. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I've just got a Matt black dbrand back with the apple logo cut out and it looks awesome..
    I've seen some mock ups of pink

17. Spencerdl

Spencerdl Contributor
    Bronze

Something like this...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437512141.272523.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6Plus

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I'd kill for an iPhone that color. But no, Apple would probably slap a white bezel on it and completely ruin the vibe.

19. Spencerdl

Spencerdl Contributor
    Bronze

That would be my "dream" iPhone.

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'd get it if it had a black front. However, I'm not sure if Apple would actually make it. I think they know it would result in endlessly lame "Scuffgate 2" rantings. All the colors scuff, but the anodized black coating shows the raw silver aluminum underneath more than the other colors and people would go berserk again.