iPhone 6S Plus alternatives to Griffin Survivor?

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by ianpwilliams, Feb 26, 2016.

1. ianpwilliams

ianpwilliams New Member

Hi all, I recently bought an iPhone 6S Plus, and I've got a Griffin Survivor case for it but I'm disappointed with it. The volume buttons aren't lined up with the case so although the volume up button is ok, volume down is a chore to find. And the worst bit is the gap between the iPhone screen and the Griffin screen protector, which means you have to press harder to get a response. Ideally I'm looking for the following:

A glass screen protector which is flush against the iPhone screen

A case which is flush with the buttons

Maximum protection (not so much from dropping, but from dust)

As much coverage as possible regarding ports, camera etc, as I won't use the camera much, all I need is to be able to charge it

Ideally a rubber or patterned case to make the device more gripable, rather than something smooth and slippery

I'm in the UK, but I believe that everything is available everywhere. Is there anyone who can provide any suggestions please?

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

If protection is important, the Otterbox Defender works great.

3. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

Ditto on the Otterbox.

4. ianpwilliams

ianpwilliams New Member

Yes it always seems to end up being between the two. I've ordered the Otterbox so I can choose a preference and return the other one, and I'm expecting my choice to be the Otterbox. It's a shame that Griffin seem to have dropped the ball with this case.

5. ianpwilliams

ianpwilliams New Member

The Otterbox arrived and it's far better. I definitely recommend the Defender over the Survivor.

6. ranan90

ranan90 New Member

otterbox defender is the only replacement that is good enough after griffin survivor