iphone 6s plus dust in metal ring

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by alexrat1996, Jul 3, 2016.

1. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I have a iphone 6s plus I see dust on the outside of the metal ring at then of my temper glass screen protector how did the dust get in there is that normal after daily use and I posted photos below

Attached Files:

2. up10ad

up10ad Genius
    Gold

I have found that there can be a couple of reasons for that. First, if the screen isn't completely clean when the glass is applied, it will lift a little at the edges and gather dust. The other times I have seen it is with off-brand glass protectors that simply don't adhere well. I had it happen with a cheap one that I bought on Amazon and it lifted at the edges after only a few days. I have had good luck with the major brands including Zagg InvisibleShield (a bit pricey) and recently with NekTeck, and it is only $4.99!

3. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

This is inside the metal ring but the outer part of the metal ring is more visible if I tilt my iPhone.Its near the end of the screen protector what can I do to take it out and the screen guard from Amazon had 5 start rateing

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

A five-star rating on anything should never be taken as a guarantee that the product or service in question will be 100% satisfactory to you. You could always be in the unlucky 1% that gets a lemon.

5. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

It's stuck inside the white part where the metal ring at but at the outside of the metal ring

Should I take to apple so they can clean it out

6. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

It's annoying that a couple of times using the iPhone I just notice that

7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Are you able to continue using the iPhone despite the presence of the dust particle? Or will it have a deleterious effect on your quality of life? If the latter, I would definitely get the dust particle looked at by someone.

8. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I'm still able to use my iPhone I will get it take a look at on the 13 at a different Apple Store in the city I will be at that day

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm surprised that screen protector isn't triggering your OCD. It's misaligned. It's touching the right edge of the Touch ID button. I would remove it, clean the Touch ID gently with a slightly-dampened cloth, order a Zagg screen protector and have someone at a Kiosk at a mall apply it. They'll get it on there straight.

10. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

It did not but not on the screen guard but it near the charging part where the home button is but in the white part the dirt is stuck

11. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

Took it to store the dust is normal could be dust from my finger or pants that's got in that area won't affect the phone

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

We figured as much, but thank you for reporting back!

Did you get it removed and replaced with a new one for better alignment, as Europa had suggested?

13. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

They tried to clean it with air compress in the back and another technican who fixes phone in the back took a look at it then genius tech told me won't affect my phone and home button and I did contact the person who I purchased the screen guard they sent me another one via mail

Good part about the appointment is they sent my power beats 2 wireless out for repair

14. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Oh, wow, what was wrong with them?

15. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

They keep disconnecting diagnostic shows Bluetooth is working fine but headphones need repair