iphone 6s plus glitch

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by alexrat1996, Jun 23, 2016.

1. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I have my iPhone 6s plus 128 GB had this device replaced 6 times now I have an issue when I put it in landscape mode the folder changes color and when I put my phone in regular mode after landscape mode the dock flickers a little then it goes away can it be a software bug

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You had the phone replaced six times for this problem or was there something else wrong with the other five and this started happening on the sixth one? If it happened on all of them, did you try a restore to factory settings and test it to see if it still did it? Otherwise, the first thing I would do is try a hard reset. This is done by pressing the home button and the power button at the same time until the Apple logo appears.

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I'm calling this one as unlikely and probably a fake issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Not to mention that that was one hell of a run-on sentence!

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Nope, there are no classic signs that this is a sleeper spammer/fake and what he's experiencing is actually normal. I did a little bit more research on it since I don't have a Plus. Here's the OP's video and the explanation from someone else:

"When you rotate it from portrait in a clockwise direction, the dock moves to the top of the phone, but your video doesn't show that part of the phone. The flickering and seeming color change is due to the dock is semi-transparent and the wallpaper is rotating underneath it. Nothing wrong with your phone. Mine does the exact same thing. I sure hope you haven't had that replaced 6 times due to that."

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You frequently get duped by spammers and now you're calling this new guy one (I'm going from your agree)? <Cringe> There are a lot of things to look for aside from grammar...

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Wow respect! I'm too fast on the trigger and should take the time to look into things. My apologies :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  8. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

1st iPhone Touch ID not working
    2 no iPhone hair on camera lense
    3 dust in display
    4 app crashing Apple Store replaced it
    5 power button not working
    6 vibration making rattling noise

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Bummer. That's a lot of bad luck. Hopefully, this new one will work out better for you. The color change/glitch seems to be a normal occurrence on the Plus.

Just out of curiosity, though, what did you mean by no hair? Minor rattling is fine as long as it doesn't cause any functional problems. Did you restore it to factory settings for problems 1 and 4 and test it?

10. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

Even when I tilt the phone to the left I see the folder change color I have in the dock is that expected and it does flicker a little in the dock

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you know anyone else with a Plus or live near an Apple Store so you can cross-check theirs with yours so you can see if it's the same?

12. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I went to samsclub both 6s plus have same issue but the original 6 plus does not do the issue

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

It sounds like it's normal for that model. It's just how iOS is programmed. You could send Apple feedback here if you want to bring it to their attention.

14. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I posted the videos of issue on that same video you posted that's my profile on YouTube

15. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

read this
    Dock flickers during rotation if it contains a folder

Date Originated: 2016-05-10
    Product: iOS Product Version: 9.3.2
    Classification: Reproducible:
    Sometimes

Summary: If you have a folder in the dock on your homescreen and rotate the homescreen on a plus-size iPhone the dock flickers sometimes Steps to Reproduce:

1. Have a plus-sized iPhone (iPad not tested)

2. Have a folder in the dock

3. Go to your homescreen

4. Rotate the phone between landscape and portrait mode

5. Repeat step 4 a few times, it doesn't always happen Expected Results: A clean animation Actual Results: The dock flickers sometimes Version: 9.3.2 (13F68), has been present since at least 9.0 though Notes: Configuration: iPhone 6S Plus, a folder in the dock, rotation lock off

16. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You don't need a folder for the dock to occasionally flicker. I have no folders in my dock.

17. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

With or without the folder it still flickers I even asked a friend who has the original 6 plus and other people with 6s plus it flickers also

18. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

He said it doesn't matter if you have a folder in your dock after you implied that a folder is necessary. It's an iOS bug/glitch specific to the Plus models simply because the regular 6/6s can't rotate. Do you have any other questions about it?

19. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

No but it's mad annoying on my 6s plus only way to fix it not use landscape mode

20. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I understand. You just have to try to ignore it and not let it bother you. Make sure you send feedback to Apple letting them know how annoying it is. They won't fix it if no one complains.