iphone 6s plus replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by scagle7, Dec 17, 2015.

1. scagle7

scagle7 New Member

i had to replace my rose gold 128 iphone 6s plus due to battery drain. they replaced it with another phone out of those white boxes. i was checking the forum to see if anyone else has had there phone replaced and if so do you know if they are brand new devices or refurb. I only had my iphone for 20 days i would hate to get it replaced with a refrub. the Apple tech told me all devices are brand new and not refurb. I hope he is telling the truth.

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Shouldn't make any difference. Refurbished phones are as good as new. Sometimes better. I would think it's new this early after release in September. That's just a guess though.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

The reason refurbs are thought of as "just as good or better" is the quality control on them is even more stringent than it is on new iPhones. This makes is less likely that you'd get a defective refurb. Refurbs have new casings, screens and batteries, but some of the internal components are recycled. I would not mind getting one as a replacement phone.

4. scagle7

scagle7 New Member

So far so good with my replacement.... So I fire won't complain.

5. Alex Spieth

Alex Spieth New Member

If he says they're new then I'm sure they are. I wouldn't mind getting a refurb either though - they're basically indistinguishable from new phones.