iPhone 6s rumor mill

Discussion in 'iPhone 6' started by Rafagon, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Rumors have begun circulating about what the iPhone 6s will and will not feature. So far, we have:

a screen that features "force-touch" and a dual-lens camera with optical zoom
    2GB Of LPDDR4 RAM

The rumors are only going to increase, so share whatever you find out there and/or your own comments.

#1 Rafagon, Jan 15, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Rumors and rumors of rumors. They're keeping me from upgrading until September. But it's not just the rumors. If I wait, I can add to my upgrade piggy bank and get more gb. But I am hoping for 2 gb of RAM and camera improvements. And I don't want to wait for the iP 7 to get them. It's a gamble, and I'm not good at that.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Another option is to use Next/Edge and upgrade every year. I got my iPhone 6 for nothing upfront except tax, which was about $40, and my monthly bill is only $5 more a month than it used to be. The monthly services charges drop when you don't subsidize so it evens out pretty well.

4. Target

Target Evangelist
    Gold

I'm already getting the discount, so my monthly bill would go up $33 to $99 bucks. Depending on how many of the three of us upgrade that is.

I think I liked it better not knowing what the subsidy was.

5. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

2GB of ram?!? Honestly I think the iPhone already is fast and smooth. How would 2GB of RAM improve the phone? Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

That's not what RAM is for. It's so it can cache and run more in the background. Safari pages have to reload if there are too many open and apps have to open from scratch as a result of insufficient RAM. I did some testing on my iPhone 6 and found that it is very underpowered on RAM and the user experience suffers as a result. For example. unless I rebooted (which closes all apps) right before running Monument Valley, I had to start the puzzle over if I took a phone call or multitasked in any other way. It's pretty absurd to have the latest iPhone and have to deal with things like this.

7. Vcoronel127

Vcoronel127 Member
    Bronze

Wow I guess I don't notice this because I don't have lots of safari pages open at the same time. I also make it a habit to close all my background apps. I guess having more RAM would be great.

That force touch technology for the iWatch doesn't sound too shabby either.

Sent from my iPhone

8. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The upgrade on my line is not until August. I have another line with an upgrade I could use February 6. But the person using that line will also be upgrading. But it's my service, so I get first choice of when to upgrade. :D So if I wait until September, she will upgrade in February. She needs to now, because her old DNA phone is not working well. So I'll wait and hopefully get the 6s Plus with hopefully 2 gb of RAM. I'll decide then about the EDGE plan. Waiting also gives me time to add to my upgrade piggy bank. Don't I have to have an upgrade before I can use EDGE?

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

No. You can use Edge now.