iPhone 6s slow sending messages

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by raqball, Nov 2, 2015.

1. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Started yesterday and my messages are very slow to send (text not iMessage). Sometimes they don't even send and I get an error saying 'send failure'

I factory reset the phone but it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

Edit: Disregard. It's an AT&T issue effecting Southern California and other areas..

#1 raqball, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  2. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

They've been having some issues lately for sure. I've experienced problems with my iMessage and tried to send as an SMS and it didn't work over the weekend. Now my iMessage texts are slow to go out these last few days. It's okay, as long as they get out and are received.

I had an issue last night with me and my DH sitting at the dinner table, he sent me an iMessage with a link and it took about a minute to get to me. LOL! We were looking at the phones like really 6s+ really!?O_o Really iMessage:unsure:? We're sitting right here and we can see you're not working. LOL!! I figure it has to do with the climate change. Every season there are signal issues. It'll work itself out.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I believe I've been experiencing this slowdown as well. ATT message senders must be unionized and trying to secure a new contract.

4. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Mine continues... Day # 4 of hit and miss... AT&T is absolutely terrible lately..

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

I've been having issues on and off for the last 10 days or so. The iMessage gets sent as a txt or an email or not sent at all. At least I'm not alone.

6. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I'm considering switching to Verizon. AT&T is a lot cheaper with my work discount, but I'm tired of their service and poor network speeds in my area.

7. Superevangelist

Bronze

I had the same issue in the Phoenix area for a couple of days. It has seemed to clear up since Monday.

8. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Same here! I get an 18% AT&T discount but can also get 15% with Verizon.

Really getting tired of AT&T lately.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Um.... something happened today. :eek: I got a call from my girlfriend early this morning and the call was so crystal clear it was as if she was right next to me talking. I even heard the water boiling on her stove! WHAT?!?!?! :eek:

In all my time with AT&T, on an iPhone, I have never ever experienced such a clear call as the one today. OMG!!! AT&T has made HD calling available in my area right under my nose. :laugh2: I am ecstatic!! Crystal clear calls from now on?!!:eek: WHAT?!!? Well, as long as I stay in the covered area. Anyway I'm happy.:ROFLMAO: I know there are many of you who have this feature already and you say, "so what":rolleyes:. Well, it's exciting to me and my virgin ears.:laugh2: LOL!!

My iMessage has been functioning properly these last few days. I suppose it got fixed after they finalized HD calling in my area. Maybe it was an operating pain while they were getting this in place. Who knows?:whistle:

#9 Sharunda, Nov 5, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2015
  10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I get 24% with AT&T and would get somewhere around 21% with Verizon, but AT&T discounts the phone charge and data whereas Verizon doesn't discount data.