iPhone 6s too big?

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by Serlo, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Serlo

Serlo New Member

I've got samsung s5 5.1 inch screen and she says that a bit big for her
    Girlfriend has iphone 4 and I'm getting her a new iPhone but iphone 5c is too old but right for her small hands but 2 years old puts me
    I see the plus is easy too big. .you think she'll be ok with the 4.7 inch iphone 6s?

2. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Contributor
    Silver

It's hard to say cause imo she's the only one that can tell you if it's too big. If you are trying to surprise come up with ways that will let you know that she likes it.

3. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

4. Hype-149

Hype-149 New Member

I had a iPhone 5, then went to a 6+, now I Have a 6S+ and I wouldn't dream of going back to anything smaller. I manage a large amount of iPhone 5s at work and it feels awkward whenever I touch one of those to fix or set them up.

Also my wife went from a 4S to a 6, then I sold her 6 and gave her my 6+ and she loves it too. The bigger battery is a big positive.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

She said the Samsung 5.1" is a too big for her. Going from that, she'll definitely prefer the iPhone 6s over the 6s Plus. I'm guessing she likes to use the phone single-handed, at least at times. The Plus is a two-handed phone. The iPhone 6s is still bigger than what she's used to, but she'll adapt to it. It's better to use it than stay behind on outdated phones.

6. Serlo

Serlo New Member

ThanKS
    I can get the 6s 64gb for just 130£ than 5c 32gb so no brained?
    Bit worried it's thinner than 5c and she'll drop it like she did 4s and smash screen. Does tempered screen protector stop that?

I think it might be a bit big but saw how small 4s she has and it's shockingly poor screen size. Im not sure if once you open it you can send it back?

7. Serlo

Serlo New Member

P's has anyone got rose gold? She doesn't like gold but she likes pink. Is it more gold or pink?

Although if she's got a real heavy duty case to protect it she won't see

8. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Europa has the rose gold and here is how she described it.

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, the 6s is a better choice for the money.

The 6s screen is stronger than any of the previous iPhones and a little less likely to crack with drops, but it can happen so I recommend a case. The Apple leather cases are my favorite because they aren't bulky and they look really nice. It's possible that a screen protector could prevent the screen from cracking, but I would not rely on that. They don't help very much.

We have a two-week return period in the U.S. I'm pretty sure it's the same in the U.K.

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

In my opinion, the color is actually matte champagne pink. The shiny parts (between the volume buttons and the Touch ID ring) look copper all the time, but everything else is matte champagne pink. The color is more subtle in natural lighting than it is in artificial lighting. I think she'll love it if she likes pink more than gold.

11. Serlo

Serlo New Member

Thanks
    Now I only have to hope the battery doesn't suck like I've read on reviews

12. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I thought the Plus was too big. I ordered the 6 Plus and changed the order to the regular 6. At the time it was the right decision for me. Now, however, after getting used to the 6 the jump to the Plus is not so extreme. I'm absolutely loving my 6s Plus now.

13. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I had the 6 Plus, and now the 6s Plus. It feels totally comfortable in my hand. I probably wouldn't even mind if a future iPhone adds another half inch.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

The 6s Plus feels perfectly comfy in my hand. I'm not a one hander though. My biggest surprise was how well it fit in my pockets. The 6s is nice as well.

15. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

I've had my SPlus less than 24 hours. Coming from 5S, it's "still huge" but I'm growing into it. :):D

16. MrMike6by9

MrMike6by9 Evangelist
    Gold

BTW, I still have my old 5S ... Man, that thing feels tiny!!!

17. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Same here. Been using the 6s Plus since September 25th. My old 5 seems so tiny now. When I was using it, it didn't seem so tiny.

18. marienne

marienne New Member

For me, an iPhone 6 is just OK, with a 6, we can watch video or an ebook more comfortable, because I've used a 4 too, surely a 6 plus is too too big for who has hand small, but a 6, it's fine;)

19. 47seijar

47seijar Zealot
    Bronze

I think my original 6 was the best size for me, but I jumped up to the 6s Plus to get the OIS camera. The Plus isn't "too big" for me, but the 6 was just s little more comfortable. And the screen on the 6 was plenty big enough for me.

20. Mrallank59

Mrallank59 Contributor
    Bronze

The 6s plus is perfectly sized