iPhone 6s Torture Tests

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ricks2gtouch

Zealot
Silver
Feb 20, 2009
Florida
So they destroyed two iphones. What is that, $650 each minimum? How stupid. Just to show that a case won't protect it from a lawn mower. OK.

Nov 9, 2012
ricks2gtouch that was my thoughts also, what a stupid test for what? Now who would have ever thought that a small plastic outer case, would save the iPhone from a lawnmowers spinning blade.

I don't know why rafagon did not just stick his hand along with the iPhone, in the mowers spinning blade, now that would have made it a really good video. :)

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
It is no wonder many people all over the world,see us in the USA as being stupid.
I disagree. I think people here in the USA just know how to have fun.

But make no mistake about it, when we’re inventing ultra high-tech stuff, curing diseases or performing groundbreaking surgeries, nobody can say we’re stupid.

There’s a time for work and there’s a time for play, and I pity those who only have time for the former.

Nov 9, 2012
Over the past years this forum has helped thousands of people, with their iPhone problems and i am sure it will remain a great source of help, for others for many more years to come.

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I disagree. I think people here in the USA just know how to have fun.

But make no mistake about it, when we’re inventing ultra high-tech stuff, curing diseases or performing groundbreaking surgeries, nobody can say we’re stupid.

There’s a time for work and there’s a time for play, and I pity those who only have time for the former.
Well, a lot of Americans work and have neither time nor money to destroy iPhones. ;)

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
So they destroyed two iphones. What is that, $650 each minimum? How stupid. Just to show that a case won't protect it from a lawn mower. OK.
I agree that it's stupid, but it's an easy way to make money if you're popular enough to get views. The phones are video props. They cost a lot less than the the video made. It has over seven million views, which is what determines the amount of money it makes. The goal for this type of video is to increase subscribers and get YouTube partner status, if they don't already have it. They can make quite a bit from ad revenue. YouTube partners can easily make $250,000+ per year.
So it makes what they did in the video less stupid?

I'm not going to argue about it. Not worth it. Unlike the video, I guess, there is no money in it.
It seems stupid when you look at it from our point of view because we just see it as destroying a new, expensive phone. But if you look at it from the video makers' point of view, you'll see that it's a way to turn a small amount of money into a larger amount. Destroying perfectly good iPhones tends to really gets people's attention.

tl;dr: It's sort of like blowing up new cars in action movies, just smaller scale.