iPhone 6s vs AT&T iPhone 6s

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by jareknyc, Sep 26, 2015.

1. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Did you anyone see article that att iPhone is actually little different inside has some new frequency added, that only att iPhone 6s has? If I remember correctly only att iPhone will be able to use this new frequency that should make the Internet work much much faster...anyone?

2. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Do you have a link to this item from AT&T? I have never read of Apple or any phone Mfg. company,making a special phone for one carrier. But if so i would like to read of it.

3. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

Yes, only the At&t phone includes LTE band 30. So if you are going to be on At&t it would be best to get that model to help future proof your phone. I say future proof because band 30 hasn't been implemented yet but will start rolling out in the near future.

4. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

So just what is this new LTE Band30?

5. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

It will provide faster speeds and capacity where the current LTE network is overloaded.

6. digitalcuriosity

Bronze

Thanks for the reply,it won't be anything big for me as i don't use my phone for data from my carrier. I have internet cable and use my router WiFi.
    But i do understand this LTE band30 will be helpful to many who do use their data on phone.

7. jareknyc

jareknyc Member
    Silver

Yeah I will try to find it again and post it here...but I know one thing u gaining one frequency but loosing another...it does actually matter when u do travel abroad