iPhone 7/7 PLUS Campout thread

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by bballrob, Sep 14, 2016.

1. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

OK, so who's planning to campout for the iPhone 7/7 PLUS release this week? Anyone seen any lines already forming in their local areas?

I will be on the sidewalk of my local AT&T Store, the only place within 150 miles that will have them on release day. Or should I say, that I HOPE will have them on release day. I'm pretty sure they will, it's just a matter of what models and colors they will have. Past years they've always been vague in the week leading up to release day, mostly because I think they don't know what they'll have exactly until the shipment arrives sometime on Thursday.

I intend to be in line by midnight Thursday night. I'll have several episodes of my latest TV series downloaded to my iPad to keep me company. Forecast is calling for rain, with a low of 39 degrees. It was a little chilly on the bare hands as I biked to work this morning. Time to break out the gloves.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Good luck getting a Jet Black. I think you have a good shot. I remember your AT&T store had gold 5s' in stock on launch day and you got one when they were really hard to find anywhere on launch day.

3. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I recall that as well. I haven't yet been into the local store to find out what they are expecting, or if they have any expectations at all. I'll probably stop in tonight or tomorrow to see.

4. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

My brother is going to go to the Eagle River AT&T Store to try to get a Jet Black Plus.

5. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Just called our local store. The guy I spoke to said that they expect to have inventory, but really don't know what they'll have til the boxes arrive on Thursday. He was actually a little apologetic for not having better information. I told him I understood, based on how I've seen them in prior years not knowing til they get the shipments. He did say that the 128 GB 7 PLUS Jet Black was least likely to be in stock as that's what he hears is the biggest in demand.When I asked about the 256 GB 7 PLUS Jet Black, he said that he thought that was more likely to be available than the 128, but he really couldn't say for sure either way.

One thing I've found in my past dealings with this store is, the less information you try and DEMAND, the more information you seem to get. Just ask casually, and they're more forthcoming.

6. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

I think I might want the 256 GB now. I might look at the order and pick up options to see if I get lucky. I am still waiting for my AT&T notification :(

7. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

8. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Interesting read. Here's my take, based on a clip from the Apple issued statement. First, here's the clip:

"Beginning Friday, limited quantities of iPhone 7 in silver, gold, rose gold, and black will be available for walk-in customers at Apple retail stores. During the online pre-order period, initial quantities of iPhone 7 Plus in all finishes and iPhone 7 in jet black sold out and will not be available for walk-in customers. Availability at partner locations for all finishes may vary and we recommend checking directly with them."

So based on that, APPLE STORES will have NO PLUS MODELS and LIIMITED QUANTITIES of iPhone 7 in all colors except JET BLACK.

BUT, partner locations, like hopefully my local AT&T store, could have some of everything!!

I'm still camping. I'm still hoping for jet black. But I'm willing to settle for black or gold in a Plus model of 128GB or greater.

#8 bballrob, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Your post is empty. Must be Tapatalk wife's fault.

#9 Europa, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  10. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Is this a Tapatalk feature? :)

11. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

Har har har. Aren't you two funny. I screwed up the first time, and then it took me time to get my post typed up while my wife was trying to talk to me at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I honestly thought it might be a Tapatalk bug.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I fixed my post. :D

14. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

15. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Good luck @bballrob.. I hope you can score one!

16. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

Does anyone know if the AT&T stores are opening early tomorrow..? They did here last year. But no one seems to know if they are opening at 8 or their normal time of 10 here tomorrow.

17. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

You'll need to call your local store and ask what their hours will be tomorrow.

18. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

I spoke to my local store yesterday. They will be open at 8 am.

19. bballrob

bballrob Genius
    Gold

This morning when I awoke, I found the temperature to be 44 degrees, and it had rained overnight. Could be a preview of what I have to look forward to tonight.

20. raqball

raqball Evangelist
    Gold

Stay warm, stay dry and good luck! I am rooting for you!