iPhone 7/7 Plus Photos

up10ad

Genius
Gold
[QUOTE="Europa, post: 1107104, member: 53257][/QUOTE]
Mindy. do you remember if this was an HDR pic or not? Very nice color and exposure balance in sun and shadows.

Europa

Senior Moderator
up10ad said:
Mindy. do you remember if this was an HDR pic or not? Very nice color and exposure balance in sun and shadows.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that middle one was an HDR. I tried to check, but I already deleted the original from my camera roll and trash can. I increased the saturation and decreased the warmth a little with Snapseed.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Still those night photos are noisy. Better then 6s Plus, but not too god for buying new 7 Plus
Agreed. Yeah, aside from better night shots (even though they still have noise) and a wider color gamut, I don't think the camera is any better than the one in my 6s. Buy my 7 isn't a Plus, so I can't do optical zoom. I'm not sure if Shutter13 has a 7 or 7 Plus. Also, we have to downsize/compress pics a little before uploading here due to the file size limitations.

Agreed. Yeah, aside from better night shots (even though they still have noise) and a wider color gamut, I don't think the camera is any better than the one in my 6s. Buy my 7 isn't a Plus, so I can't do optical zoom. I'm not sure if Shutter13 has a 7 or 7 Plus. Also, we have to downsize/compress pics a little before uploading here due to the file size limitations.

Was taken by Huawei P8. Mobile for 500€, model from last year. And the photos in night are incredible. I got iPhone 6s Plus for 1000€ and result of the camera is insane in compares with P8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
I use the 7plus, one thing I found out after using the stock camera app and shooting low light is if you choose optical zoom you will get digital zoom. Apple has decided it would rather use digital zoom and a larger aperture than optical zoom and a smaller aperture. This is why my boat photo was so blotchy and the zoomed version of the restaurant. I would rather deal with grain than the artifacts left behind by digital zoom in a low light situation.

I do not believe the Amsterdam and Washington pictures should be compared. Not even close in scenery and outside light levels.
I am sure different phone camera specs and software make a difference . I own a few phones and still can't shoot a decent picture. But the accidental good once were almost always taken on an iPhone.