iPhone 7/7 Plus Reviews, Thoughts & Complaints?

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I'm really liking the home button. I'm used to it and it feels fine to me. I use the '3' setting. Damn near feels like a real button to me.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'm really liking the home button. I'm used to it and it feels fine to me. I use the '3' setting. Damn near feels like a real button to me.
I use 3 as well. It's amazing how much it fools you. I pressed it while it was powered down yesterday and was surprised for a second when it did nothing.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I use 3 as well. It's amazing how much it fools you. I pressed it while it was powered down yesterday and was surprised for a second when it did nothing.
I pressed it at work with my work gloves on. Same result.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
I picked up my 7 yesterday, 128gb, matte black and immediately put an Otterbox Defender on it before I even hooked it up to iTunes to set it up. The most surprising thing to me is the battery life seems much better than with my 6. I finished the setup at 100% battery around noon and disconnected from the pc. After 12 hours of reinstalling all my apps, setting up 5 email addresses then playing with my "New Toy" for the rest of the day I still had about 40% battery. The one thing that took me the longest time to get used to was the pressure sensitive screen. I was trying to delete a couple of the apps that came on the phone and it took me a long time to figure out that I was pressing too hard to get the apps to "Wiggle". I B lovin' it so far but have a lot to learn.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I picked up my 7 yesterday, 128gb, matte black and immediately put an Otterbox Defender on it before I even hooked it up to iTunes to set it up. The most surprising thing to me is the battery life seems much better than with my 6. I finished the setup at 100% battery around noon and disconnected from the pc. After 12 hours of reinstalling all my apps, setting up 5 email addresses then playing with my "New Toy" for the rest of the day I still had about 40% battery. The one thing that took me the longest time to get used to was the pressure sensitive screen. I was trying to delete a couple of the apps that came on the phone and it took me a long time to figure out that I was pressing too hard to get the apps to "Wiggle". I B lovin' it so far but have a lot to learn.
Apple meeds to incorporate the 'delete' option within 3D Touch. I find it very hard to delete apps, just like I did on my 6S. It should be as simple as invoking the 3D Touch menu and choosing 'delete', am I wrong?

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I started from scratch and all went well until I got to the keychain activation. It was totally glitched out. I could not activate with the code or from other devices. I tried for an hour and called support. They were puzzled and after yet about 80 more minutes the rep decided to reset the keychain. I believe it had something to do with the passcode . My original passcode is 4 digits and iCloud is matched. Factory setting have your iPhone with 6 digits. But the rep had no clue why I couldn't turn on keychain.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Apple meeds to incorporate the 'delete' option within 3D Touch. I find it very hard to delete apps, just like I did on my 6S. It should be as simple as invoking the 3D Touch menu and choosing 'delete', am I wrong?
My only problem was unknowingly pressing too hard on the screen. Once I lightened up and only lightly touched the screen I was able to easily get the app icons "wiggling" and then was able to delete whatever I wanted without problem.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Press and hold lightly to put apps in wiggle mode. Press and hold firmly to invoke 3D Touch. It took me a couple days to get it down on the 6s last year.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I started from scratch and all went well until I got to the keychain activation. It was totally glitched out. I could not activate with the code or from other devices. I tried for an hour and called support. They were puzzled and after yet about 80 more minutes the rep decided to reset the keychain. I believe it had something to do with the passcode . My original passcode is 4 digits and iCloud is matched. Factory setting have your iPhone with 6 digits. But the rep had no clue why I couldn't turn on keychain.
I had that happen once a couple years ago. I spent over an hour trying to get it working. I also called Apple and they were confused and then it suddenly started working while they had me on hold.

iPutz

Zealot
Silver
Nov 20, 2012
US Midwest
Press and hold lightly to put apps in wiggle mode. Press and hold firmly to invoke 3D Touch. It took me a couple days to get it down on the 6s last year.
I know the feeling. Going from a non 3D touch phone to one that had it took me an hour or two to figure out what I was doing wrong. At least I had the benefit of everyone's year long experiences with 3D touch.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
1 day and not much opportunity to try the camera, it was rainy all day. I love this phone . It's fast and the display bright and colorful. I have no issues no LTE or hissing etc. The battery will have to be tested under normal usage conditions.

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I'm not sure what you mean ^ .

Hey, I just noticed you're in Upper Marlboro !! In the 70's I lived on AAFB, and I went to James Madison Jr High during the time they were bussing in students from DC !!!! I thought you were in California for some reason.
Small world, I live down in Mechanicsville and work at PAX

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I taught my sister to drive in the parking lot of James Madison Junior High back in the early 70s. She froze on the accelerator of my '64 VW bug and flew up on the curb onto the grassy area next to Woodyard Road. :D

I live about five minutes from the school.
I thought I quoted you as well. But I am down in Mechanicsville. Small world