iPhone 7/7 Plus Shipping Thread

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Yes, already called the 800 number to arrange possible pickup tonight. No local phone number to call them at.

And my wife will be stopping by no matter what also while she's over there for my son's dental appointment.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
UPDATE!! UPDATE!!

It is now 4:27 PM Local time. My wife just called me. She was calling from the car repair shop pictured above. When she stopped in, the driver was not yet back, and was still in Soldotna. They are going to RE-DELIVER TODAY!! I called my kids and told them they damn well better answer the door when UPS Shows up!!

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
It's HEEEEEEERRREEEEE!!

I left work a couple minutes after 5 pm to pedal home. After a quick 4 minute ride, I was home. No phone yet.

Sat down to watch some football, and at about a half hour later, up pulled BIG BROWN!!

So now, I just have a nice little brown box sitting on the couch beside me. Dinner is almost ready. And then it will be time to open it.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
It's HEEEEEEERRREEEEE!!

I left work a couple minutes after 5 pm to pedal home. After a quick 4 minute ride, I was home. No phone yet.

Sat down to watch some football, and at about a half hour later, up pulled BIG BROWN!!

So now, I just have a nice little brown box sitting on the couch beside me. Dinner is almost ready. And then it will be time to open it.
Good for you.

You sound a bit like me. You can be excited as hell for the arrival of something, but once you have it, you can wait to open the box. Because...you have it! :D

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
It's HEEEEEEERRREEEEE!!

Wait, all that and you are waiting until after dinner to open it? You are torturing yourself. lol

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, just a bit of an update, since I know you all are wondering how long I was able to hold out for.

Some of you know I've got a good sized family. 8 Kids to be exact. 6 of which are still living at home. I decided last night that I'd see if I could get them all to bed before I cracked open the Brown Box containing the 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS. And it took longer than I expected, but I succeeded. Just when I thought I was down to one, the 14 year old 8th grader was working on an essay, my oldest son still at home(at age 18) decided to come back downstairs and plop down at the table near dad. A little after midnight, I discovered my daughter was sitting at the desk behind me playing on YouTube more than she was working on her essay, so I kicked her off to bed.

Had some more chit-chat with my son as he finished something he was working on, followed by another raid on the fridge and pantry by him, and he was off to bed a little before 1 AM.

FINALLY!! Some peace and quiet. And so it began. The unboxing. It was awesome. After tracking a little brown box around the house for 7.5 hours, it was finally time to open it. And what a glorious moment it was. Started at about 1:05 AM. I did make a video which I'm going to try and splice with a couple other things for posting on here by the weekend.

I did hit one glitch. And it's a pretty big one. Several months ago, I decided to encrypt my iPhone backups. And now, I can't remember my password. ARGH!! Damn kids....And yes, it's their fault, but don't get my started, or you may read about me in the news. And it wouldn't be a good thing. So anyhow, without the password, I can't restore from my iPhone 6 Plus final backup to the new 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS. For now, I'm a 2 phone guy. The new 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS supplies me with phone/text service, and the 64 GB Golden iPhone 6 still does everything else. If I can't get it figured out tonight, I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and start from scratch on the new phone.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
OK, just a bit of an update, since I know you all are wondering how long I was able to hold out for.

Some of you know I've got a good sized family. 8 Kids to be exact. 6 of which are still living at home. I decided last night that I'd see if I could get them all to bed before I cracked open the Brown Box containing the 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS. And it took longer than I expected, but I succeeded. Just when I thought I was down to one, the 14 year old 8th grader was working on an essay, my oldest son still at home(at age 18) decided to come back downstairs and plop down at the table near dad. A little after midnight, I discovered my daughter was sitting at the desk behind me playing on YouTube more than she was working on her essay, so I kicked her off to bed.

Had some more chit-chat with my son as he finished something he was working on, followed by another raid on the fridge and pantry by him, and he was off to bed a little before 1 AM.

FINALLY!! Some peace and quiet. And so it began. The unboxing. It was awesome. After tracking a little brown box around the house for 7.5 hours, it was finally time to open it. And what a glorious moment it was. Started at about 1:05 AM. I did make a video which I'm going to try and splice with a couple other things for posting on here by the weekend.

I did hit one glitch. And it's a pretty big one. Several months ago, I decided to encrypt my iPhone backups. And now, I can't remember my password. ARGH!! Damn kids....And yes, it's their fault, but don't get my started, or you may read about me in the news. And it wouldn't be a good thing. So anyhow, without the password, I can't restore from my iPhone 6 Plus final backup to the new 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS. For now, I'm a 2 phone guy. The new 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS supplies me with phone/text service, and the 64 GB Golden iPhone 6 still does everything else. If I can't get it figured out tonight, I'll probably just have to bite the bullet and start from scratch on the new phone.
WOW! A full house indeed! I'm so glad you made a video. I can't wait to see it!

I have seen sooo many Jet Black iP7+ unboxings on YouTube and the phone is beautiful and very impressive right out the box. If only it would stay that way. I just watched an unboxing where a guy put a screen and body protector on it immediately and he admitted that he still had to put it in a case because the bottom and sides would definitely get scratched up. The body protector didn't "cure" to the phone yet so it made the Jet Black look cloudy but he said that would go away. :rolleyes: Still.....there is a weird plastic barrier between you and the experience of the majesty of the Jet Black iPhone though. O_o I guess it's better than nothing.

So, Your Majesty, are you going to go commando, put your Jet Black beauty in a case or put a body protector on it?

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah

I love reading your stories. Can't wait to see the video. :)

I always set up my new phones from scratch. I like to start fresh once a year when I get new hardware and not risk the potential for problems that comes from using a backup that was made on an older phone. A lot of people use them without problems, but I have seen some problems carried over to new devices. It takes a couple hours to set it up, but it's only once a year and it's worth it to me.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I always set up my new phones from scratch. I like to start fresh once a year when I get new hardware and not risk the potential for problems that comes from using a backup that was made on an older phone.
I absolutely agree with this philosophy. Password software (I use LastPass) makes this much easier.

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
While I was driving home I got an AT&T notification my phone is on it's way. @JWiPhone there is hope you get it earlier!
Actual pick up :
Tue 9/27/2016 3:07 pm
Scheduled delivery:
Wed 9/28/2016 by 4:30 pm
I need to see what options I got I don't get home until 5.30ish

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
While I was driving home I got an AT&T notification my phone is on it's way. @JWiPhone there is hope you get it earlier!
Actual pick up :
Scheduled delivery:
WOW! CONGRATS! Nice move up! I'm still a few weeks away from getting my iPhone. I can only hope for a move up. So far no movement.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Actual pick up :
Scheduled delivery:
That is incredibly awesome! You must be so excited. It gives me hope. I think we had the same delivery dates. I just sent Apple a nasty email.

Last edited: