iPhone 7/7 Plus Shipping Thread

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
I love reading your stories. Can't wait to see the video. :)

I always set up my new phones from scratch. I like to start fresh once a year when I get new hardware and not risk the potential for problems that comes from using a backup that was made on an older phone. A lot of people use them without problems, but I have seen some problems carried over to new devices. It takes a couple hours to set it up, but it's only once a year and it's worth it to me.
My concern about setting up as new, which I don't recall ever doing aside from my first iPhone, what about your contact list, text messages and pictures/folders? I need my text message strings.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
WOW! CONGRATS! Nice move up! I'm still a few weeks away from getting my iPhone. I can only hope for a move up. So far no movement.
I'm still a few weeks away as well. I respond to emails all day at work so it is a rare occasion when I check my comcast email for my personal account, but ever since they have been shipping phones early I check about a dozen times a day.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
I'm still a few weeks away as well. I respond to emails all day at work so it is a rare occasion when I check my comcast email for my personal account, but ever since they have been shipping phones early I check about a dozen times a day.
I'll call for you as well.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My concern about setting up as new, which I don't recall ever doing aside from my first iPhone, what about your contact list, text messages and pictures/folders? I need my text message strings.
1. Contacts are synced through iCloud over the air and do not require applying a backup. After setting up as new, log into iCloud and toggle on Contacts. They will sync over the air. Make sure they are toggled on on the old phone before erasing it.
2. You will lose your text messages on the phone.
3. Pictures sync over iCloud. You do not need to use a backup to get them on the phone.

Additionally, Safari bookmarks, Notes, certain game saves, weather cities and iBook bookmarks also sync over the air and don't require using a backup.

So basically, unless you need your old messages, they're aren't really any cons. I don't care about my old messages, so it's worth it to me to minimize problems by starting fresh annually.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
got my phone and not opened the box . Probably will wait until Friday I am off that day
Your post in the shipping thread shows you DID open the box though....Things that make ya go hmmmmmmm...

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
1. Contacts are synced through iCloud over the air and do not require applying a backup. After setting up as new, log into iCloud and toggle on Contacts. They will sync over the air. Make sure they are toggled on on the old phone before erasing it.
2. You will lose your text messages on the phone.
3. Pictures sync over iCloud. You do not need to use a backup to get them on the phone.

Additionally, Safari bookmarks, Notes, certain game saves, weather cities and iBook bookmarks also sync over the air and don't require using a backup.

So basically, unless you need your old messages, they're aren't really any cons. I don't care about my old messages, so it's worth it to me to minimize problems by starting fresh annually.
I thought some synced but didn't know all that did. However, the messages is a killer since a lot of mine are business and i need that history. I agree though, I'd rather have a fresh setup if I could.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
My phone calls usually begin with, "Do you know who I am?!"
Well you sir may indeed have some weight with Apple. They must have read your statement since they just charged my debit card tonight. No tracking or confirmation yet, but always happy to see Apple take a chunk of money out of my account.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Well you sir may indeed have some weight with Apple. They must have read your statement since they just charged my debit card tonight. No tracking or confirmation yet, but always happy to see Apple take a chunk of money out of my account.
Never doubt Napoleon.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My 7 Plus doesn't seem to have any of the issues I keep reading about - hiss, creaking, yellow screen, demonic possession, etc.
No issues for me with my 7 Plus either, aside from the intermittent lag.
My auto-brightness is completely jacked and my 7 doesn't get as bright as my 6s, but otherwise it's okay. I set it up as new device so it's likely just an iOS bug. I got to get it wet in waterfalls today, though, so that was cool.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
OMG! :eek:A friend of mine who ordered her iPhone through AT&T at the store on 9/21 to be delivered to her address is getting her iP7+ Black TODAY!O_o GEEZ!

Friends getting iPhones days later after an order.O_o People getting move ups akimbo!:sick: This is a major F'up! Not a happy camper. (n) Sh*t better change soon! Move up or sneak two day delivery or something!!@&%#*^& :mad: Tim Cook, don't let me see you outside! :cautious:

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
OMG! :eek:A friend of mine who ordered her iPhone through AT&T at the store on 9/21 to be delivered to her address is getting her iP7+ Black TODAY!O_o GEEZ!

Friends getting iPhones days later after an order.O_o People getting move ups akimbo!:sick: This is a major F'up! Not a happy camper. (n) Sh*t better change soon! Move up or sneak two day delivery or something!!@&%#*^& :mad: Tim Cook, don't let me see you outside! :cautious:
Relax, sweety!

The wait is the best part!

It’s almost like foreplay; perhaps even better! :cool:

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
Relax, sweety!

The wait is the best part!

It’s almost like foreplay; perhaps even better! :cool:
Okay, okay, I'll calm down because U asked me to my dahlin. :love: I have to talk myself down daily from switching from the Black to the Jet black in the morning and by the middle of the day I'm good. That weird little debate keeps my brain occupied and I don't dwell on the fact that there is no movement. However, as of yesterday, I decided that the Black is a Sexy Matte that is going to be a killer looking iPhone and I'm good:D.

Now with a settled mind, my iP7+ will be here soon and I'm at peace:cool:. BUT THEN:laugh2:....my girlfriend texts me and tells me she's getting her iP7+ Black TODAY! :eek: That just riled me all up!:mad: I'm back to being pissed but this time it's more ferocious so I had to vent in the earlier post. :unsure:
Tim Cook.......:mad:
We had a major Train crash here earlier this morning and my department heads had to go down to the terminal this morning. Everyone is sad and frenzied.:unsure: This is BAD! So I've been busy and the horror of this has taken my mind off of this for a few minutes...only a few.
Tim Cook.......:mad:...........BETTER DELIVER MY iPHONE 7+ TODAY!

:(
I know it's not possible, but I'm just so disappointed.

Last edited: