iPhone 7/7 Plus Shipping Thread

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
OMG! :eek:A friend of mine who ordered her iPhone through AT&T at the store on 9/21 to be delivered to her address is getting her iP7+ Black TODAY!O_o GEEZ!

Friends getting iPhones days later after an order.O_o People getting move ups akimbo!:sick: This is a major F'up! Not a happy camper. (n) Sh*t better change soon! Move up or sneak two day delivery or something!!@&%#*^& :mad: Tim Cook, don't let me see you outside! :cautious:
I don't blame you either. I've felt the same way. Apple has been having iPhone launches for almost a decade and they still can't anticipate demand? I did fire off a nasty email to Apple a few days ago. Like you I still don't see any movement on my order which I placed on Sept. 9th shortly after midnight. It still says processing with a delivery date of Oct 18-31st. I just hope they will bump it up soon. If not, Apple is paying for my therapy sessions.O_o

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I don't blame you either. I've felt the same way. Apple has been having iPhone launches for almost a decade and they still can't anticipate demand? I did fire off a nasty email to Apple a few days ago. Like you I still don't see any movement on my order which I placed on Sept. 9th shortly after midnight. It still says processing with a delivery date of Oct 18-31st. I just hope they will bump it up soon. If not, Apple is paying for my therapy sessions.O_o
I don't fault them for this. I'm sure they have their Chinese factory workers on mandatory overtime. The manufacturing process for the Jet Black is complicated. If you're going to order one, it's going to be a bit of a wait.

What I do fault them for is not being fair with the delivery dates. I've seen people who ordered Jet Black Pluses get them a few days after ordering them last week, while many who ordered them on preorder night are still waiting.

As far as Sharunda's order, she could pick one up at an Apple Store any day if she cancelled the order and reserved one at midnight. It's a matte black and there is a reasonable amount of stock for them.

Sharunda

Genius
Gold
Jun 16, 2008
One Horse Town, New Jersey
I don't fault them for this. I'm sure they have their Chinese factory workers on mandatory overtime. The manufacturing process for the Jet Black is complicated. If you're going to order one, it's going to be a bit of a wait.

What I do fault them for is not being fair with the delivery dates. I've seen people who ordered Jet Black Pluses get them a few days after ordering them last week, while many who ordered them on preorder night are still waiting.

As far as Sharunda's order, she could pick one up at an Apple Store any day if she cancelled the order and reserved one at midnight. It's a matte black and there is a reasonable amount of stock for them.
O_o Whatchu talkin' bout @Europa? I've been checking stock daily all times of day and night. There has been no stock of this iPhone 7+ Black in my area at all. No store has them. Where are you looking?

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1475165038.965500.jpg

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
O_o Whatchu talkin' bout @Europa? I've been checking stock daily all times of day and night. There has been no stock of this iPhone 7+ Black in my area at all. No store has them. Where are you looking?

View attachment 44756
Checking throughout the day is worthless. You have to check at exactly 12:01 am. They"ll be sold within minutes.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

I do find fault with Apple. They KNEW the complications of this Jet Black manufacturing process and that it would cause delays, and yet they kept their customers in the dark about it until after September 9th when the demand pushed back delivery dates to an unacceptable level. They should have just kept the Matte Black color and not offered Jet Black if it would cause delays. Now, they have irate and upset customers.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I do find fault with Apple. They KNEW the complications of this Jet Black manufacturing process and that it would cause delays, and yet they kept their customers in the dark about it until after September 9th when the demand pushed back delivery dates to an unacceptable level. They should have just kept the Matte Black color and not offered Jet Black if it would cause delays. Now, they have irate and upset customers.
You must be forgetting about the white iPhone 4, it was announced in June and released in April the following year. I'd say your not doing so bad. It sucks, but you could always settle for a different color, like most of us did with the iPhone 4.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Checking throughout the day is worthless. You have to check at exactly 12:01 am. They"ll be sold within minutes.
Remember a few years ago when we had to check at exactly 9:01 pm Eastern? Fun times. I think that's when I found my phone up in Columbia and picked it up the next day.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
What does UPS consider the end of day? I have been staring outside the window off and on for about the past 10 hours, lol.
For residential deliveries, the end of day is when the driver is done so it varies widely. Especially at Christmas time when it could be as late as 10:00pm.

That was from a quick Google search. I was going to guess around 9pm myself, but guess there really isn't a set time.

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
For residential deliveries, the end of day is when the driver is done so it varies widely. Especially at Christmas time when it could be as late as 10:00pm.

That was from a quick Google search. I was going to guess around 9pm myself, but guess there really isn't a set time.
Technically end of day is 2359, but that would be an insane delivery. Heck I'll stay up until midnight waiting to make sure they don't slap an attempted delivery note on my door, lol.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Technically end of day is 2359, but that would be an insane delivery. Heck I'll stay up until midnight waiting to make sure they don't slap an attempted delivery note on my door, lol.
Well if ya wanna get all technical about it.... LOL

imutter

Genius
Gold
Apr 4, 2011
Somewhere between DC and Baltimore.
I checked daily at 3 am and I also looked at NYC since I had plans there for this weekend . I saw black show up a few times mostly at main locations like 5th Ave.