iPhone 7/7 Plus Shipping Thread

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
As upset as I am about this wait, I have decided to hold out until Oct. 18-31st for the delivery. I have already arranged for UPS to pick up my iPhone 6 Plus on Monday to send to Nextworth. They are paying me $445 for the phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
As upset as I am about this wait, I have decided to hold out until Oct. 18-31st for the delivery. I have already arranged for UPS to pick up my iPhone 6 Plus on Monday to send to Nextworth. They are paying me $445 for the phone.
I'm guessing your phone will ship next week or the following week at the latest. What are you going to use while you're waiting for the 7+? Do you still have that old 3GS your friend gave back to you after she used it for a few years? If so, here's an adapter.

I was just reading that one of the obstacles they are facing is 30-40% of the JB iphones don't pass Apple's quality standards and have to be retooled with the nine-step anodization and polishing process.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I'm guessing your phone will ship next week or the following week at the latest. What are you going to use while you're waiting for the 7+? Do you still have that old 3GS your friend gave back to you after she used it for a few years? If so, here's an adapter.

I was just reading that one of the obstacles they are facing is 30-40% of the JB iphones don't pass Apple's quality standards and have to be retooled with the nine-step anodization and polishing process.
I never thought of that old 3GS phone. I was just going to go without for 2 or 3 weeks and just tell people to email me, but I guess I could try and fire up that ol' 3GS. LOL. Thanks for the info. I know I'm being hard on Apple but also know Tim Cook and the execs knew about these issues beforehand.

PS: I have to laugh because my friend who gave me back my ol' 3GS forgot to remove her sim card LOL, sim card and adapter are still in there.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1475265940.512695.jpg

I received this notice when I went to pick up my grandson from school, but I left a note on the door and updated the delivery location to the porch. I saw the UPS truck pulling into the neighborhood across the street and started sweating whether he would leave the package on the porch. I got home about 10 minutes later and was happy to see the eagle had landed.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1475266129.918828.jpg

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'll be picking up a 7+ 128gb Rose Gold for the wife tomorrow.
What ticks me off BIG time is buying it through Apple, and even though it's 0% interest, the monthly payments are charged to my credit card.... So HOW do you pay more on just the phone if you want?
Don't think you can & now that 'loan' is using the interest rate of my credit card.
Think once the Black models are more available, I'll just go through AT&T and have my phone bill jacked up $50 a month

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I'll be picking up a 7+ 128gb Rose Gold for the wife tomorrow.
What ticks me off BIG time is buying it through Apple, and even though it's 0% interest, the monthly payments are charged to my credit card.... So HOW do you pay more on just the phone if you want?
Don't think you can & now that 'loan' is using the interest rate of my credit card.
Think once the Black models are more available, I'll just go through AT&T and have my phone bill jacked up $50 a month
You can't make extra payments through AT&T Next, either. The only options are the standard deducted payment or paying it all off at once.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
You can't make extra payments through AT&T Next, either. The only options are the standard deducted payment or paying it all off at once.
But I could take $$ with me to put down on the device I'd imagine.

Sorry for the rant and probably not the correct place for it... Didn't realize that it was going to just be added to a credit card that already has a balance on it.
Boo hoo, boo hoo. /rant ;)

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
But I could take $$ with me to put down on the device I'd imagine.

Sorry for the rant and probably not the correct place for it... Didn't realize that it was going to just be added to a credit card that already has a balance on it.
Boo hoo, boo hoo. /rant ;)
Couldn't you just pay it off each month? So when they add, for example, $40 for the iPhone to your credit card each month, pay off that full amount each month in addition to whatever else you owe on your credit card. That way it doesn't accrue and your iPhone portion won't have any interest from the credit card. However, the credit card companies wouldn't like that, but who cares what they like. LOL

TRBO VNM

Bronze
Oct 18, 2009
Wow, I fully expected to wait till the 19th to hear about shipping. I ordered through AT&T at a store about a week after launch day. The 19th to 26th was my estimated shipping week.

I just received an email today that my phone has shipped. So about 2.5 weeks early. Pretty stoked.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
My bad luck keeps getting worse. I had UPS come by to pick up my iPhone 6 PLUS and handed it personally to the driver. Now it is missing. No UPS scan which should have been entered. I contacted UPS and the company I'm sending my iPhone to, but I have a sinking feeling there isn't much that can be done. So it likely is either lost or stolen. Still no movement on my iPhone 7 Plus either.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My bad luck keeps getting worse. I had UPS come by to pick up my iPhone 6 PLUS and handed it personally to the driver. Now it is missing. No UPS scan which should have been entered. I contacted UPS and the company I'm sending my iPhone to, but I have a sinking feeling there isn't much that can be done. So it likely is either lost or stolen. Still no movement on my iPhone 7 Plus either.
That's weird that UPS didn't scan it in as accepted. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to do that as soon as they take possession of it. Make sure talk to your UPS hub, find out the driver's name and file a claim. I guess this is a good reason to take expensive items into a store so you can get a receipt. Hopefully, it will show up on tracking tomorrow.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
That's weird that UPS didn't scan it in as accepted. I'm pretty sure they are supposed to do that as soon as they take possession of it. Make sure talk to your UPS hub, find out the driver's name and file a claim. I guess this is a good reason to take expensive items into a store so you can get a receipt. Hopefully, it will show up on tracking tomorrow.
Actually, I feel silly. I just checked here after midnight and now I see that UPS has processed it. I guess the driver never scanned it when he picked it up from me. All is good.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
Update on Sprint debacle of my instore preorder of 9/9 for 128GB Jet Black that was changed by the store manager to Matte Black without my permission.
After emailing the executive escalation team senior VP, and bouncing around inside the system, I was still getting the canned responses. Then this email on Thursday:

Good Afternoon James,

I wanted to reach out to you and again confirm that we did order the Apple IPhone 7 Plus 128 JET BLACK (DM14-O-32321893) device you wanted. However due to the high demand for the device it is currently back ordered. So what that means is based on the order date the device will not ship out to you until 11/28 – 12/05.

I realize that this is inconvenient for you and I apologize in advance for this, but the inventory and ship date is out of our control, so we do not have the means to expedite this for you or else we would have. I truly appreciate your patience with this and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to Fernando or myself and we would be happy to answer them for you.

Thank You,

Daniel Tucker

Executive Response Escalation Rep - Customer Advocacy Team (CAT)

O: (855) 639-9760

Daniel.Tucker@Sprint.com

So, thanks to the tomfoolery of an employee, I lost my spot in the que for the 1st shipment of the 7+ Jet Black, and now have to possibly wait an additional two months....

Last edited:

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Update on Sprint debacle of my instore preorder of 9/6 for 128GB Jet Black that was changed by the store manager to Matte Black without my permission.
After emailing the executive escalation team senior VP, and bouncing around inside the system, I was still getting the canned responses. Then this email on Thursday:

Good Afternoon James,

I wanted to reach out to you and again confirm that we did order the Apple IPhone 7 Plus 128 JET BLACK (DM14-O-32321893) device you wanted. However due to the high demand for the device it is currently back ordered. So what that means is based on the order date the device will not ship out to you until 11/28 – 12/05.

I realize that this is inconvenient for you and I apologize in advance for this, but the inventory and ship date is out of our control, so we do not have the means to expedite this for you or else we would have. I truly appreciate your patience with this and if you have any questions feel free to reach out to Fernando or myself and we would be happy to answer them for you.

Thank You,

Daniel Tucker

Executive Response Escalation Rep - Customer Advocacy Team (CAT)

O: (855) 639-9760

Daniel.Tucker@Sprint.com

So, thanks to the tomfoolery of an employee, I lost my spot in the que for the 1st shipment of the 7+ Jet Black, and now have to possibly wait an additional two months....
That sucks. Did you really pre-order it three days early on 9/6? Stories like these are why I always recommend ordering through Apple. They consistently have the fewest problems and fastest ship dates.

Dec 10, 2009
Clarksburg, WV
That sucks. Did you really pre-order it three days early on 9/6? Stories like these are why I always recommend ordering through Apple. They consistently have the fewest problems and fastest ship dates.
Typo, corrected
And yes, NEVER again
Will be through apple next time, even if it costs a few more bud....

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Typo, corrected
And yes, NEVER again
Will be through apple next time, even if it costs a few more bud....
Man, that really blows. And I just wanna say, these Piano Black phones are NICE!! So BLACK!! So SLEEK!! So PROFESSIONAL LOOKING!! I don't know how I have survived these past 3 years with a Golden phone!!