iPhone 7/7 Plus Shipping Thread

Kathie Rebman

Bronze
Jun 4, 2011
Janesville, Wisconsin
Correction:
I ordered ours on pre order first day with delivery 23-27 & Oct 4-10, got a message phones shipped the 19 & 20th, mine was delayed in Korea for 2 days due to severe weather, hubby's delayed in Korea due to mechanical failure. Mine is now in Hong Kong (why back to China I don't know) and no delivery date available. My husbands also has no delivery date.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
My 128 GB Piano Black iPhone PLUS is getting close. It managed to sneak out of China and Korea, and I noticed as I was gong to bed just before midnight last night that it had arrived in Louisville. Looked like it completely bypassed Anchorage as t was inbound to the United States.

This morning I woke up and found that it had departed Louisville. A quick little research showed me this:

My 128 GB Piano Black iPhone PLUS is getting close. It managed to sneak out of China and Korea, and I noticed as I was gong to bed just before midnight last night that it had arrived in Louisville. Looked like it completely bypassed Anchorage as t was inbound to the United States.

This morning I woke up and found that it had departed Louisville. A quick little research showed me this:

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1474726316.634626.jpg

In less than 20 minutes, it appears that my phone will be landing in ANCHORAGE!! It just so happens that I have to drive up there today. I may contact UPS and see if there is any way I can pick it up from the Anchorage hub today.

In less than 20 minutes, it appears that my phone will be landing in ANCHORAGE!! It just so happens that I have to drive up there today. I may contact UPS and see if there is any way I can pick it up from the Anchorage hub today.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Additional research shows I may have had the wrong flight, and this is more likely the flight my phone is on.

ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1474728530.695294.jpg

So, my phone will likely arrive in anchorage about the time I leave Soldotna to derive there, about a 2 hour and 15 minutes drive. What's REALLY sad is that it doesn't appear as if the customer service cuonter at the anchorage hub is even open today, meaning no chance for pickup.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
So overnight, my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS made the trek from Anchorage to Kenai. Tracking shows a 3 AM departure from Anchorage, 6 AM arrival in Kenai, and as of 8:18 AM, just 24 minutes ago, it is OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
So overnight, my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS made the trek from Anchorage to Kenai. Tracking shows a 3 AM departure from Anchorage, 6 AM arrival in Kenai, and as of 8:18 AM, just 24 minutes ago, it is OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!!
That's awesome! Let us know how it goes today. All I need is someone on this forum to tell me NOT to cancel, and I will hold out until Oct. 18-31st.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
That's awesome! Let us know how it goes today. All I need is someone on this forum to tell me NOT to cancel, and I will hold out until Oct. 18-31st.
Oct 18-31st was my original estimated shipping window as well. It suddenly changed last Tuesday when I received an email from Apple saying my phone had SHIPPED!!

Oct 24, 2010
Denver, CO
I can only dream mine gets a move up. It's still says Oct 11 through 17th.
I am in the same boat with shipping the 11th through the 22nd. I didn't even order the Jet Black and still waiting this long. Oh the horror of waiting, lol. Misery loves company :)

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
OK, this is absolutely GUTWRENCHING!! I went home for lunch. No package. Not surprised.

Checked the tracking a few minutes ago, and found THIS:

First Delivery Attemt.jpg

ARGHHH!!!!!! My wife was out volunteering at one of the kids' schools today, so she wasn't there when they tried to deliver it. When I called her a few minutes ago, she was on the way home. She arrived home and found 2 boxes on the porch, with another notice about a third package. The THIRD package, of course, was my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS.

I have called UPS, and the first person I called told me that they would attempt to re-deliver tomorrow, or I could pick it up at the local UPS office 15 miles away tomorrow between 8:30 and 10 AM. Say WHAT?!?!?!? ONLY BETWEEN 8:30 and 10 AM?? That's LUDICROUS!! I got back on the interwebs site, and then called back to check on a couple other options. I got a much smarter CS Agent this time, and he told me that I could pick it up at the warehouse sometime between now and 6 PM, but that they would have to call me and tell me when it came back with the driver. This was a MUCH more acceptable alternative.

My wife has to take my son to a dental appointment at 4:30 PM today just down the street from where the office is. Most likely now, she will be picking up the phone when the call comes in.

And so, the wait continues.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
OK, this is absolutely GUTWRENCHING!! I went home for lunch. No package. Not surprised.

Checked the tracking a few minutes ago, and found THIS:

View attachment 44731
ARGHHH!!!!!! My wife was out volunteering at one of the kids' schools today, so she wasn't there when they tried to deliver it. When I called her a few minutes ago, she was on the way home. She arrived home and found 2 boxes on the porch, with another notice about a third package. The THIRD package, of course, was my 128 GB Piano Black iPhone 7 PLUS.

I have called UPS, and the first person I called told me that they would attempt to re-deliver tomorrow, or I could pick it up at the local UPS office 15 miles away tomorrow between 8:30 and 10 AM. Say WHAT?!?!?!? ONLY BETWEEN 8:30 and 10 AM?? That's LUDICROUS!! I got back on the interwebs site, and then called back to check on a couple other options. I got a much smarter CS Agent this time, and he told me that I could pick it up at the warehouse sometime between now and 6 PM, but that they would have to call me and tell me when it came back with the driver. This was a MUCH more acceptable alternative.

My wife has to take my son to a dental appointment at 4:30 PM today just down the street from where the office is. Most likely now, she will be picking up the phone when the call comes in.

And so, the wait continues.
Bummer. That's weird that they won't let you pick it up at the UPS hub tonight. They should be open for two more hours. I'd call them back and see if it's possible for the driver to bring it back to the hub before they close tonight. I was able to do that with FedEx once when I missed a delivery.

Apple4me

Evangelist
Gold
Jun 27, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Finally received my jet black 256gb 7+ today. It was worth the wait, what a beautiful phone!

I tried two clear TPU cases that I purchased before the iPhone arrived. Even know they are clear and minimal, they both still distracted from the beautiful jet black finish. I also ordered a set of skins and have already installed the skin on the back and it has already dried enough such that the curved edges are beginning to stay stuck. I can barely tell that there is anything on the back, it looks naked to me.

After a week of tracking this phone through Asia at an absolute snails pace, I am tickled pink that it is now in my hands.

I haven't even checked for the supposed hissing noise, but I certainly didn't notice anything while I was setting it up. I also don't notice any of the reported yellow tint on the display.

I'm a happy camper :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Finally received my jet black 256gb 7+ today. It was worth the wait, what a beautiful phone!

I tried two clear TPU cases that I purchased before the iPhone arrived. Even know they are clear and minimal, they both still distracted from the beautiful jet black finish. I also ordered a set of skins and have already installed the skin on the back and it has already dried enough such that the curved edges are beginning to stay stuck. I can barely tell that there is anything on the back, it looks naked to me.

After a week of tracking this phone through Asia at an absolute snails pace, I am tickled pink that it is now in my hands.

I haven't even checked for the supposed hissing noise, but I certainly didn't notice anything while I was setting it up. I also don't notice any of the reported yellow tint on the display.

I'm a happy camper :)
Congrats!

My 7 Plus doesn't seem to have any of the issues I keep reading about - hiss, creaking, yellow screen, demonic possession, etc.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
Bummer. That's weird that they won't let you pick it up at the UPS hub tonight. They should be open for two more hours. I'd call them back and see if it's possible for the driver to bring it back to the hub before they close tonight. I was able to do that with FedEx once when I missed a delivery.
You've got to remember where I live. I'm not in some big city. Here's the local "hub".

UPS.jpg