iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to be announced in coming days?

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
I can't decide whether this story is an April Fools' Day prank or not. An entity that calls itself "Mobile Tech Post" is claiming that Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in the coming days, with a release coinciding with that of the Apple Watch to follow. This article was posted yesterday.

The article reminds us that it wouldn't be the first time Apple replaces an iOS device just months after its release—the iPad 3 met its maker at the young age of only seven months.

However, an article dated December 9th of last year seems to corroborate the story.

rugved1118

Silver
Sep 27, 2013
I can't decide whether this story is an April Fools' Day prank or not. An entity that calls itself "Mobile Tech Post" is claiming that Apple is expected to announce the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus in the coming days, with a release coinciding with that of the Apple Watch to follow. This article was posted yesterday.

The article reminds us that it wouldn't be the first time Apple replaces an iOS device just months after its release—the iPad 3 met its maker at the young age of only seven months.

However, an article dated December 9th of last year seems to corroborate the story.
I guess it should be 6S and not 7 if the news is genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The original source of that article is App Advice. My guess is that you've bumped into a RSS repeater blog -- that's built for Adsense. I'd also venture to guess that AA thought this sort of post had merit, even on April Fool's Day.