iPhone 7 battery case concerns

Discussion in 'iPhone Cases and Accessories' started by alexrat1996, Dec 14, 2016.

1. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

hello people a genuis bar tech told when I showed the scratches on my iPhone 7 that was caused by the apple smart battery case she told her 7 plus with apple leather case caused scratches also but she replaced my battery case also .

People if you get a 7 or 7 plus jet black with a leather case from Apple you will get scratches also this is normal wear and tear.

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I have a Jet black and I'm not worried about it. People who get this finish need to understand it scratches easily. These micro scratches also occur on the screen if you don't use a screen protoctor. Micro scratches have never affected resale value for my phones. Sell your Jet black and get a Matte black if you can't deal with it.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Fixed that for you :LOL:

4. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

I won't sell it but I will get the rumored red iPhone 7s next year

5. elipeordan112

elipeordan112 New Member

The constant charging is actually a good thing that extends the battery life even more. From what I understand if an iPhone has 80% battery life or more it will "trickle charge" and "top off", supposedly that is what makes the smart battery case smart. Also, I have an iPhone 6S that I use 100% of the time with a smart battery case and I have not seen any adverse effects on the iPhone battery. Once the case is depleted the phone's internal battery takes over. Also remember these are lithium ion batteries not nickel cadmium. Lithium ion batteries get weaker over time as they are completely depleted then recharged from zero. They don't have a "memory" like NC batteries.

6. alexrat1996

alexrat1996 Member
    Bronze

The store swapped mine out twice and they told me yersterday that was my last replacement they would give me and he put that In the notes and he had trouble doing the exchange and he had to ask a group of genius tech how to do swap and I can't swap the case no more.