iphone 7 Flickering dock/animation lag

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
will apple replace the phone do to the dust inside the lens
Yes. They typically allow people to return iPhones endlessly for defects, but you will eventually get a reputation as a frequent exchanger and they will start questioning you more. I do think you are looking for problems with a fine tooth comb. I've had minor problems over the years (loud home buttons, rattling phones, terrible battery life, flaky Touch ID, Bluetooth sound artifacts), but I try not to focus on them and wouldn't exchange a phone unless it was serious. The problem is each time you return one, you run the risk of a bigger minor problem on your refurb, such as a dust spec or dead pixel that might bother you more and then you'll be perpetually be swapping out your phone in search of absolute perfection. I just try to enjoy my phone and not worry about those little things. I'm not saying you should accept obvious defects, but you should not exchange for software problems and you might be fixating on the phone too much.
Is the flickering normal on the smaller size iPhone
It's a glitch. It's 100% software. There is no need to be concerned about it. I see small bugs/glitches every day on my iPhone. They are more prevalent when an iOS version is new like iOS 10 is. Most of them will get worked out over the year.
it shows in the photo and the phone is dust Resistance is a defect
Please post a photo that shows this.

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Take it to an Apple Store for replacement. Then BEFORE leaving the store, after getting the replacement phone, be sure to thoroughly examine it under a microscope. Looking for a single dust particle under the home button touch sensor ring, camera lenses and such.
Yes this was written a bit on the sarcastic side, but if the dust particle is under the lens and affects the cameras performance, exchange it.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Take it to an Apple Store for replacement. Then BEFORE leaving the store, after getting the replacement phone, be sure to thoroughly examine it under a microscope. Looking for a single dust particle under the home button touch sensor ring, camera lenses and such.
Yes this was written a bit on the sarcastic side, but if the dust particle is under the lens and affects the cameras performance, exchange it.
Also the battery is draining faster with no apps open

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
When you get the replacement model at the store as RoofMonkey suggested, also check on battery drainage before leaving. Stay as long as necessary.
Ok they ran diagnostic last week and it passed but I will get it replaced

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
Also the battery is draining faster with no apps open
Do you have Background App Refresh enabled for all your apps? Turn as many as you can off (personally, I have the feature disabled altogether). Here’s an excerpt (from a great article which I highly recommend reading in full) that explains how to do that.

You want another tip? Take advantage of Low Power Mode (Settings > General > Background App Refresh) as often as you can. I find that for that vast majority of apps, this does not compromise throughput.

Why do Safari and Words With Friends need Background App Refresh? I don’t mind waiting the roughly 0.3 seconds extra that it may make me wait when I switch to an app.

Screen Shot 2016-10-13 at 12.49.34 PM.png

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
Alright. Let me stop everyone right here. It's obvious that many of you aren't familiar with Alexrat1996's antics on other forums. He microanalyzes every possible fault with his iPhone and creates numerous threads about them. He then proceeds to ignore almost everyone's advice and help. It...never...ends. He'll even hijack his own threads to interject about other problems he's having with the phone, as he just did here concerning his battery. He's been banned on a couple of other forums (by his own admission). I don't like banning, but I'm considering closing this thread.

Sorry, Alexrat1996, but you're not doing yourself any favors here.

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
@alexrat1996 I'm doing this publicly because I think it's important.

You may dislike and disagree with as many of my posts as you wish; I really don't mind. However, please think before you dislike or disagree with a post in which I'm trying to help you.

For instance:

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ering-dock-animation-lag.110187/#post-1108586

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...ering-dock-animation-lag.110187/#post-1108584

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/t...dock-animation-lag.110187/page-2#post-1108592

And now you've decided to follow me? Do me a favor - unfollow me. Thanks.

Go ahead. I'm waiting for the dislike. I can take it. :D