iPhone 7 new features

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by imutter, Sep 18, 2016.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

There are a few features I am really curious about and can't wait to try out.
    I will be going to the store and try the camera, home button, stereo speakers and etc.

Answer calls on apps like Facebook Messenger and more.
    No matter where your call comes from, iPhone 7 can answer it just like a regular call. You can even access your contacts and use call waiting.

Did someone noticed faster speeds?
    iPhone 7 features LTE Advanced, with speeds up to 450 Mbps for data downloads — over 50 percent faster than iPhone 6s and three times faster than iPhone 6.

How is your battery life ?

#1 imutter, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Whoa! I don't know if this is an anomaly or not, but at home my LTE speeds haven't been that good. However, I just ran Speedtest on the 7 Plus and I'm getting much better LTE download speeds. I'll keep an eye on it.

3. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Hey, I've got a question. For those of you who have the iPhone 7/7 Plus in your hands now, is it slimmer than the iPhone 6s/6s Plus? I read where someone said because the headphone jack is gone the new iPhone 7 is slimmer. Is this actually true? I thought the 7Plus looked slimmer in several videos I saw.

4. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I will not have the 7 or 7 Plus in my hands for the foreseeable future, but here’s the info you requested straight from Apple’s website:

iPhone 7:7 Plus dimensions compared to iPhone 6s:6s Plus dimensions.png
    The 7 and 7 Plus’s slimness are equal to that of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

They do appear to weigh less, however!

Source link: http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/

5. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@Rafagon Thank you for the info! Oh, your not in on the iP7 fiasco. While I'm saddened, I'm also envious, you are not a part of this madness and nail biting anticipation of waiting for your iP7. I wish I could send you one honey. :(

Nevertheless, thank you for looking up that info. When I wrote the post I was like...wait, can't I look this up on the Apple Site?:oops: Duh! I left the post anyhow. I thank you for responding and posting the info. I see that it's basically the same save for a few grams.

6. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Here’s another new kick-ass feature of the iPhone 7.

DisplayMate, whose screen analysis is well respected throughout the tech industry, has said that the phones “shift between DCI-P3 [AKA Wide Color] and the [less-capable] sRGB colorspace seamlessly depending on the content being displayed, and at both spectrums [gamuts] the phone is 'by far the best performing mobile LCD display that we have ever tested,' [breaking] many display performance records.”

Be sure to read DisplayMate’s full thoughts here.

#6 Rafagon, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  7. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

I just got a mophie juice pack for my 6s Plus, so hey, I’m totally thrilled about that fact alone! Phenomenal battery life and it really is a Godsend if you’re out and about and your battery is running dangerously low.

I won’t die if I have to wait till next year to upgrade to the iPhone (8?)… assuming that’s what they call it. It’ll be the ten-year anniversary of the iPhone so Apple better come up with many incredible features! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

No. My 6s Plus case fits my 7 Plus perfectly save for the camera cutout.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Nice! I was wondering if that was the case. I suppose, with all the cases I have, If I must use an old one it won't be so bad. LOL! Just no camera usage. :rolleyes:

10. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Oh c’mon, treat yourself. You’re getting the über-amazing iPhone 7 Plus. New iPhones only come once a year, so get a case that won’t compromise any of its functions because it wasn’t specifically designed for an iPhone 7 Plus.

Do I have to remind you that “YOLO! "- You Only Live Once?! I hope not!

Heck, if I were lucky enough to get the iPhone 7 Plus, I’d fight tooth and nail to get a case that would be specifically desgined for it.

Edit: I’d get a mophie Juice pack for said iPhone 7 Plus, not simply a case. Once you’ve used the mophie Juice Pack for a few days, your life is forever changed, and you cannot go back to an iPhone without it that easily.

Once you try the mophie Juice Pack, you cannot go back! :ROFLMAO:

#10 Rafagon, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  11. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

Oh @Rafagon I do plan on getting new cases, but in the meantime I was thinking I could use an old case or two if I had to. However, the more I think about it, I bet I won't want those old cases to touch my new 7Plus. LOL!! :ROFLMAO:

I have always purchased Mophie battery cases for my iPhones ever since the 5, and 6 iterations. When the 6sPlus came out the case I had for the 6Plus didn't fit so I gave it to a friend of mine who kept their 6Plus and could use the case. I was disappointed that it didn't fit.

If they make a decent case for the 7Plus I'm in although I have a chip on my shoulder about the last mishap. Those cases come in handy and I use them as needed. I never just kept them on my iPhones permanent like all day but they saved my bacon sooo many times.

Since Zagg bought Mophie we shall see how long it takes for them to get the new cases out.O_o Since I can remember, Mophie never comes out with their cases in a timely manner to when or after a new iPhone is released. It takes them a bit of time to get them out. We shall see.
    Here are two articles on it:
    https://techcrunch.com/2016/02/02/zagg-acquires-mophie/
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/bradmoon/2016/02/03/zagg-buys-battery-case-maker-mophie-in-100-million-plus-deal/#4fb7a0e34c12

12. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

Couldn’t agree with your more! LOL! :)

Thanks, @Sharunda, I’ll have to check those out!

By the by, I’m thrilled with my 6s Plus with the mophie Juice Pack, but a part of me is drooling over the new iPhone 7/7 Plus!

Mods: Why the frick isn’t the quote function working properly? Could a mod please fix the quotes in this post? Thank you kindly.

#12 Rafagon, Sep 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2016
  13. Zanthe

Zanthe #apple
    Gold

You just saved some $$$$ @Sharunda :D

14. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

@Sharunda I found a new product for the case market . The case rolodex. Choose your case as needed. Easy flip through your favorite iPhone covering to chose the one fits best at the moment.

15. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

@imutter Wait....this isn't real is it?O_o You're joking right? Don't play with me girl! :eek: Where's the link?

16. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I certainly did.......wait,:rolleyes: Oh, no, no I didn't, I'm already planning to get a few cases. I can't help it, they're calling out to me.:laugh2: The Tan Leather especially. The Gray Leather too and of course my iPhone's always get a new White case that is just a fact. So already I'm in the hole for a few cases, but I might use the old ones in a pinch. LOL!