iPhone 7 or 7+! Which one shall it be?

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by William Thatcher, May 27, 2017.

1. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

Hi,
    I am currently looking for ordering a new iPhone, unlocked, but I am not sure which one to pick.
    The iPhone 7+ is a little bigger, but I am afraid that it may be too big, even if it has the extra RAM, though with apple it works like a charm, even with just 2 GB. So, could you please help me with some pros and cons because I really need a little help. My best friend keeps bugging me to go with an android, but I am not sure of that either.
    Any response will be highly appreciated!

2. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

As far as the size goes stop by an Apple Store or other store where you can handle both the 7 and 7+ to get a feel for which you like the best. The two biggest differences are the 7+ has a better camera and slightly better battery life. Personally I opted for the iPhone7 based on feel and how easy it was for me to text but in hindsight I wonder if the 7+ might not have been a better choice. Either way you will have an excellent phone. I know not much help, JMHO. Good luck

3. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

Thanks for the advice and I will do just so, I will definitely take them both for a spin to see how each feels in my hands, size is really important.
    The thing that I am wondering about is if it is worth the price or should I better go and try out an android. Such as a Samsung S8 or maybe to keep some $$ in my pocket the new one plus 3T. I have been asking around and I can't decide, may it be IOS or Android.
    There is a real price difference between these phones but they seem to be really close on the charts on how they work.
    Some more advice would be helpful!

4. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

iPhone vs iPhone plus

I replaced my 6 with a 7Plus a week ago, as my eyes 'just aren't what they used to be ' and in truth, neither are my fingers so the bigger size is a win-win that way. I'm still getting used to the size in my hand and that I have to keep it away from my shirt-pocket. Fortunately 99.99 % of the time I wear cargo-type shorts with the extra lower pocket on both sides so there's no chance of loose change or keys in the upper pockets damaging the phone. I use a tempered glass protector on the screen and a Belkin clear 'Sheer-Force' case so it's reasonably safe but am considering an Ottorbox folio type case to go all round, although I hate hiding the gloss black finish on the phone... But all in all for the Plus size.
    My wife has used a 6plus since they came out, which is how I saw that it was so much easier on my eyes and adapted so well to the SwiftKey keyboard much better than my former iPhone 6...

5. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

Nice, David! I've really enjoyed my 6s Plus. The size is great. It fits well in all my pockets.

6. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

It's a world of compromises but it's so nice to use - I'd decided to make the switch even though budget was a bit marginal however when actually doing the set-up I had to permanently retire the 6, as discussed in another post ( about the swollen battery) so at the end of the day all worked out well