iPhone 7 plus loading screen...

Discussion in 'iPhone 7' started by kerriberri, Nov 3, 2016.

1. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

What is wrong with my phone? I deleted 2 apps (Facebook & Instagram)then turned it off before reinstalling them...I wanted to clear the data they use. My phone would not turn back on and I got this screen. It then came back on for a mi use then back to this and it's been like this for at least 10 mins and nothing I do works
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1478225920.173155.jpg

Help

2. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

And now I have this screen...been like this for almost 10 min now. I've tried to hard reset and it goes right back to this
    ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1478226624.734871.jpg

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

1. Is it in a rebooting loop (Apple logo repeatedly appears as if it's trying to boot, but can't complete it) or does it just get stuck at the Apple logo?

2. By hard reset, you mean you pressed and held the power button and the bottom volume button at the same time until you saw the Apple logo, right?

3. Unfortunately, you'll have to restore it in iTunes to get it out of this loop if a hard reset doesn't fix it. Try plugging it into iTunes and then do the hard reset. If iTunes doesn't recognize it, put it in DFU mode. There are YouTube videos explaining how to get it in DFU mode.

4. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

1. It's stuck on the logo...been about 10 mins or so now...does nothing else.

2. Yes...the screen will go black then straight back to the logo again and stays that way.

3. Unfortunately , I don't own a functioned computer and haven't for a few years.

Can the Apple Store help me?
    What would cause this and is it a major problem!

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do you have any friends or family members with a computer? You can restore it on their computer and then apply your iCloud backup afterwards. All they need is iTunes installed.

Otherwise, yes, Apple can fix it for you.

6. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

Thanks. I may just take it to Apple in the morning. What would cause this on a brand new device? None of my other iPhones ever did this

7. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Most likely a software glitch. It happens occasionally on all brands of smartphones. If it does happen to have a hardware problem, Apple will replace it for you tomorrow.

Do you have an old phone you can use as a backup until then? You just swap the SIM card.

8. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

No, I sure don't. I'll just make do without a phone until then. Thanks for your help

9. topcat84

topcat84 Contributor
    Bronze

Hi Europa!!
    So, is that the way to do a hard reset now? Hold the power button and the volume down button until the Apple logo appears? I guess since the Home button can't be pressed it's now the volume down button. Thanks in advance!! Cheers!!

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yep. :)

11. kerriberri

kerriberri Contributor
    Bronze

So...took my phone to Apple yesterday and they couldn't even get my phone working so I left with a new one. They couldn't really give me an explanation of why it stopped working other than they believed I just got a bad device. All that matters is that I have a new, functioning phone.