iPhone 7 smart battery case cause this to my iPhone

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
The iPhone 7 smart battery case cause scratches to my iPhone 7 not even sure if the case did this

what should I do ?

How sad if the case did this apple should entitle me with something back right ?

Attachments

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Apple will NOT replace your phone or battery case for this. The Jet Black finish scratches fairly easily and they list a warning on the product specs page. The case itself is not the problem. It's likely debris that got in between the case and the phone or dirt that was on the phone or the cleaning cloth you used to wipe it down. Take it off periodically and carefully clean it with a clean microfiber cloth. Try not to stress about the scratches. The Jet Black phones are going to get them to some degree regardless of how careful you are.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Apple will NOT replace your phone or battery case for this. The Jet Black finish scratches fairly easily and they list a warning on the product specs page. The case itself is not the problem. It's likely debris that got in between the case and the phone or dirt that was on the phone or the cleaning cloth you used to wipe it down. Take it off periodically and carefully clean it with a clean microfiber cloth. Try not to stress about the scratches. The Jet Black phones are going to get them to some degree regardless of how careful you are.
they recommend to get a case to prevent this why do they lie if it will get scratched both ways and I did not scratch my phone.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
they recommend to get a case to prevent this why do they lie if it will get scratched both ways and I did not scratch my phone.
It's not scratch proof and they are very upfront about this. It's significantly less likely to get scratches with a case. It typically only happens if dirt makes its way inside and it's infrequently cleaned. Your scratch was more likely related to cleaning. You probably had an abrasive particle on the cloth. If not, you got something inside of the case. The case itself will not scratch it.

Have you considered selling it and buying a matte black? It's a lot easier to keep pristine.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
It's not scratch proof and they are very upfront about this. It's significantly less likely to get scratches with a case. It typically only happens if dirt makes its way inside and it's infrequently cleaned. Your scratch was more likely related to cleaning. You probably had an abrasive particle on the cloth. If not, you got something inside of the case. The case itself will not scratch it.

Have you considered selling it and buying a matte black? It's a lot easier to keep pristine.
i'm on at&t next and it was there before I cleaned it maybe is a manufacture defect they could replace the whole back for free via apple care at the store If i asked them nicely

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
Or there was debris in the case, like @Europa mentioned and when that person sat on the phone it just ground it in causing the scratch.

Stuff happens.... You have a car/vehicle? You realize that EVERY time you wash it, you get scratches in the clear coat and sometimes in the paint itself?

RoofMonkey

Genius
Gold
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
i'm on at&t next and it was there before I cleaned it maybe is a manufacture defect they could replace the whole back for free via apple care at the store If i asked them nicely
It was there for how long? And you're just now posting about it??
Sorry, but I'm calling utter BS on this. If it was a manufacturing defect, it would've been there the day you purchased the device. Which we know can't be the case because you would've posted 19 times about it already.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
af
Or there was debris in the case, like @Europa mentioned and when that person sat on the phone it just ground it in causing the scratch.

Stuff happens.... You have a car/vehicle? You realize that EVERY time you wash it, you get scratches in the clear coat and sometimes in the paint itself?
her it was sat I took it out case no scratches and I own a tesla no scratches at all

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
No. Apple will not replace it for a scratch. Doesn't matter how nicely you ask.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
This is your final warning. Stay truthful, or you're going to have to take a break from this forum.
this is the only forum i have since the mac rumor admins are rude

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
I will email this to Tim Cook bad marketing

Rafagon

Genius
Gold
Dec 7, 2011
Miami, Florida
This is your final warning. Stay truthful, or you're going to have to take a break from this forum.
I will email this to Tim Cook bad marketing
You’re going to e-mail what, exactly? What Senior Moderator Europa said to you?

Thank you for posting that—I needed a good laugh this morning. :D