iPhone 7 wish list

Discussion in 'iPhone 6S' started by fury, Sep 15, 2015.

1. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

aside from the toothpaste dispenser, which I think is contractually obligated to be a part of every wish list thread, what do you want to see on the iPhone 7 (aka 10th generation iPhone)?

I want them to make a thicker phone with a decent battery, no camera bump, a normal 3.5"-4" screen size, and all the flagship features (no leaving out OIS). No surprise there, right?

Or just fix the auto brightness which has been broken since iOS 6 on the 4s. I'd live with the gigantic screen I can't use with one hand, the too-thin profile that slips out of my grubby little fingers, the annoying-as-all-get-out camera bump...maybe even the lackluster battery life...if they'd just fix the damn auto brightness

2. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I want to hold my new iPhone 6s Plus for a while before I even consider the 7.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Auto-brightness works great for me.

I want a iPhone with a black front and a black back.

4. fury

fury Evangelist
    Gold

That reminds me, I want one with a white back and a black front, like the 3GS.

In fact, I really want them to just make a 3GS sized phone with the iPhone 7's internals, and the extra space filled with battery.

I wish auto brightness worked great for me. It gets it wrong about 90% of the time, it never remembers my preferred brightness, and keeps fiddling with it constantly. I move into semi-bright light, it doesn't get bright enough. I go into a dim area, it's too bright. I'm in the office and angle the phone just right to where the ambient light sensor gets some kind of glare from an overhead light or something, and it cranks it up to retina-burn level. I haven't found a situation where it consistently gets the right brightness level, so I have to keep changing the brightness manually anyway, so I shut it off. I give it another try every now and then to see if they've fixed it, but I give up. I tried telling them why it doesn't work for me, and they just keep saying "engineering reports this works as intended".

The old way (iOS 5) was just about perfect, I'd set a particular brightness level (usually on the dimmer side of things), flip on the auto brightness switch, and forget about it. If I was in the office or some other dim light, it'd be dim like I told it to be. When I went into bright light, it turned the brightness up. In any case it never fiddled with my preferred brightness setting. Only thing it was missing compared to the new auto brightness was dimming back down after moving out of the bright light (had to turn the screen off and back on).

In a strange twist, Android's auto brightness right now works exactly the way I want it to, and iOS works the complete opposite. Before Apple changed it, it was vice versa, and I was terribly annoyed by Android's implementation of auto brightness.

5. Superevangelist

Bronze

Honestly...I would take a 6 inch screen. I've had the 6 Plus for a year now and can't imagine going back to anything smaller.

6. Muckcityjustin

Gold

for the love of god, make it waterproof!

7. bams50

bams50 Contributor
    Bronze

More battery. Always, more battery.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Yeah, make the 7 a little thicker than the 6/6s so it can accommodate a bigger batter and OIS. That would allow it to compete with the 7 Plus better.

9. Rafagon

Rafagon Genius
    Gold

• 32/64/128 GB line-up (previously mentioned)
    • two speakers so we can finally get stereo sound without additional equipment (heck, the new iPad Pro was endowed with four speakers, so why can't an iPhone have two?)
    • capability to use Airplay to stream 4K video to a future Apple TV that hopefully supports 4K (Why did Amazon beat Apple to this? Come on, Apple, you can do better than that.)
    • 4K display like the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium
    • ability to weigh various fruits, like the HUAWEI Mate S
    (EDIT: added two items)

#9 Rafagon, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  10. iErik

iErik Zealot
    Gold

I'd like to see less bezel and a virtual home button/print scanner.

11. Eragon

Eragon Zealot
    Gold

I'd like to see it come equipped with an RTG. I can handle the extra heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk