iPhone 8 plus shipping

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Just keep your order. If you cancel it, you'll have to reorder and probably won't get one on launch day. It will likely sit there in PA until Thursday. You may not see any movement until late Thursday night. No worries. You will get it Friday. You can get a screen protector installed on Friday.
Ok I see now this same thing happen to my 6s plus that was stuck in Philadelphia on Thursday night like you said I will see movement Thursday night I will wait for that.

why does my Apple Watch series 3 on ups website does not show how many business Day is it becuase it’s not in the states yet but shows Friday delivery but my iPhone 8 plus shows 3 business day left

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Ok I see now this same thing happen to my 6s plus that was stuck in Philadelphia on Thursday night like you said I will see movement Thursday night I will wait for that.

why does my Apple Watch series 3 on ups website does not show how many business Day is it becuase it’s not in the states yet but shows Friday delivery but my iPhone 8 plus shows 3 business day left
Doesn't matter. You'll get them both on Friday.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Doesn't matter. You'll get them both on Friday.
Why doesn’t my dad business name show on iPhone order but on my Apple Watch order it does on shipping is this due to the At&t account I always have same issue every year and I don’t get an answer for it but phone comes on time always ?

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Why doesn’t my dad business name show on iPhone order but on my Apple Watch order it does on shipping is this due to the At&t account I always have same issue every year and I don’t get an answer for it but phone comes on time always ?
If you're getting them on time what is the issue? You could order 10 iPhones and 10 Apple watches and you'd probably end up with 20 different tracking numbers. Half might ship FedEx and half might ship UPS. You might getting tracking on some Monday and tracking on some Wednesday or Thursday. They could be sitting in the UPS or FedEx hub right beside your house on Monday and you won't get it until Friday. It might still be in China Wednesday and you will get it Friday. What's the issue?

Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator
Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
If you're getting them on time what is the issue? You could order 10 iPhones and 10 Apple watches and you'd probably end up with 20 different tracking numbers. Half might ship FedEx and half might ship UPS. You might getting tracking on some Monday and tracking on some Wednesday or Thursday. They could be sitting in the UPS or FedEx hub right beside your house on Monday and you won't get it until Friday. It might still be in China Wednesday and you will get it Friday. What's the issue?
@VOLS34 is right. Just stop looking at tracking info and wait for delivery on Friday. Trying to make sense of tracking on new Apple items will just make your head implode.

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
My phone shipped via Apple but still in Harrisburg will I see scans today ups says 2 business day left delivery sept 22

My appl watch shipped and it’s in KY

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
I got an email saying it shipped for both
on my iPhone 8 plus I didn't get an apple care email about my coverage on apple care but on my order it shows I got it plus chatted with apple store chat they told me I wont get an email but on my apple watch I got an email about my apple care plus.

is it normal not to get an email about my iPhone 8 plus coverage about apple care.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I got an email saying it shipped for both
on my iPhone 8 plus I didn't get an apple care email about my coverage on apple care but on my order it shows I got it plus chatted with apple store chat they told me I wont get an email but on my apple watch I got an email about my apple care plus.

is it normal not to get an email about my iPhone 8 plus coverage about apple care.
Yes, it’s fine. I sometimes get one and sometimes don’t. You can verify the Apple Care+ coverage with the serial number. You don’t need the email. Apple just goes by the serial number.
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/

alexrat1996

Bronze
Jun 23, 2016
Yes, it’s fine. I sometimes get one and sometimes don’t. You can verify the Apple Care+ coverage with the serial number. You don’t need the email. Apple just goes by the serial number.
https://checkcoverage.apple.com/
oh ok just asking since my apple watch I got an email about coverage
what does import scan mean does it mean its leaving KY where my apple watch is going to PA but delivery date is for tommorw

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
oh ok just asking since my apple watch I got an email about coverage
what does import scan mean does it mean its leaving KY where my apple watch is going to PA but delivery date is for tommorw
The import/customs scan is at the main UPS hub in Kentucky since they are importing from China. You will get them both tomorrow regardless of the difference in tracking today.

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
Got my 8 plus a few hours ago. Also finally updated iTunes on the laptop. Where oh where are the apps synced? They don’t show up in the iTunes summary

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I set mine up as new and just used my old phone to make sure I got all the apps I had before. At least the ones I wanted. I’ll sync my photos through iTunes later and that should be it.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Got my 8 plus a few hours ago. Also finally updated iTunes on the laptop. Where oh where are the apps synced? They don’t show up in the iTunes summary
If you backed up your old phone and restored from backup they should download automatically. It can take awhile.

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
If you backed up your old phone and restored from backup they should download automatically. It can take awhile.
I did restore from a backup, but this app and a few others won’t work. I realize they’re no longer in the App Store, but they usually work after a restore. When I log into iTunes with the phone plugged in, apps isn’t on the summary list

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I did restore from a backup, but this app and a few others won’t work. I realize they’re no longer in the App Store, but they usually work after a restore. When I log into iTunes with the phone plugged in, apps isn’t on the summary list
They changed iTunes to slim it down. Not sure why they took away basically functionality, but they did. So what you have to do is search for the .ipa Files for the apps on your computer and drag them over to the left side panel in iTunes where it says “On My Device.”

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
I plug in my new phone to to iTunes to sync pics and text tones etc and yet another update pops up. I go to install and after it downloads and starts to install I get an error. Restart laptop still does it. I download only and try to manually install then it says I need windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit. I have Windows 7 home edition 64 bit which meets the requirements acccording to Apple’s site. Smh. Pain in the a$$. Last night when I backed my iPhone 6 up and wiped it and restored to unlock it everything went smooth (even though I’m not sure it’s unlocked).

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
They changed iTunes to slim it down. Not sure why they took away basically functionality, but they did. So what you have to do is search for the .ipa Files for the apps on your computer and drag them over to the left side panel in iTunes where it says “On My Device.”
Ok thanks! I will try tomorrow.