iPhone 8 plus shipping

K.C.

Contributor
Bronze
Nov 15, 2011
California
I plug in my new phone to to iTunes to sync pics and text tones etc and yet another update pops up. I go to install and after it downloads and starts to install I get an error. Restart laptop still does it. I download only and try to manually install then it says I need windows 7 Service Pack 1 64 bit. I have Windows 7 home edition 64 bit which meets the requirements acccording to Apple’s site. Smh. Pain in the a$$. Last night when I backed my iPhone 6 up and wiped it and restored to unlock it everything went smooth (even though I’m not sure it’s unlocked).
I got a message saying mine was unlocked.

VOLS34

Zealot
Gold
Jun 25, 2010
Honestly I don’t care about the unlock right now I’ll figure it out but it may already be unlocked. I fell asleep and didn’t see a message when I woke up just it had restored successfully. The issue I have is trying to sync pics with my new iPhone. When I plug it in it requires an update to proceed but my iPhone 6 and iPad do not. Ridiculous.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I’ve seen people say before they can find their shipping info on ups website by searching for their cell phone number as a reference number before Apple sends the tracking number. Can someone direct me to where this search field is?

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
I ordered my daughter an iPhone 8 256gb in silver on Saturday, it originally said Oct 2-5, got a notice this morning that it has shipped and will be here Thursday.

When is the last time you heard of someone ordering a new iPhone 8 days after preordering began and receiving the iPhone in less than a week?

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I ordered my daughter an iPhone 8 256gb in silver on Saturday, it originally said Oct 2-5, got a notice this morning that it has shipped and will be here Thursday.

When is the last time you heard of someone ordering a new iPhone 8 days after preordering began and receiving the iPhone in less than a week?
Lots. Demand for the 8 and 8 Plus is down due to the people holding out for the X.

shutter13

Evangelist
Gold
Jan 8, 2009
Lots. Demand for the 8 and 8 Plus is down due to the people holding out for the X.
Yeah, it should have just said new iPhone. I agree, come October 27 we will be back to the same cluster as always. Maybe there will have been enough of the 8/8+ sold to alleviate some of frenzy for the X.