iPhone 8 Rumors believe it or not ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by imutter, May 12, 2017.

1. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Everyday I read about possible iPhone 8 features, release dates, cost etc.
    It's time to start a thread! I know I want iPhone 8 not 7s or 7s plus. But is this line up even confirmed?
    I love the 7 plus! It's one of my favorites. But I am ready for a new iPhone especially for a 10th Anniversary iPhone.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

I'd hope that since this will be the 10th anniversary iPhone, that it won't just be another 's' release.

#2 RoofMonkey, May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

I'd hope as much myself, but with Jobs long gone I don't think it will be anything more 's'pectacular than we've become used to. Incremental upgrades that drag their feet just enough to stay competitive but not get too far ahead of the game. The iPhone isn't special anymore. Not to most folks anyway. Sadly, I don't even care that much anymore. At this point I'm planning on upgrading from my 6s to a 7, because I know there will already be plenty of cases and accessories out there. Apple will have to do something really special for me to want to invest in their latest and greatest. We're talking toothpaste dispenser level of special, to borrow a line from our venerable moderator.

4. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I doubt I'll upgrade, regardless of what is new. I recently upgraded 2 lines to the iPhone 7 for the ladies. I'm still satisfied with my 6s Plus. I'll need a new battery in a few months though. Also, for now I want to remain on iOS 10.1.1.

5. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

If the rumors about the cost of the new iPhone 8 prove to be true then Apple will have priced themselves out of my reach. Can I afford it? Sure, but ain't no way I'm paying upwards of a Grand to replace a one year old iPhone that's still working well.

#5 iPutz, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

There probably won't be a price hike with the 7s and 7s Plus. The rumored iPhone 8 or Edition will most likely be more than the 7s Plus.

7. iPutz

iPutz Zealot
    Silver

For me to pay that much for a new iPhone 8, it would have to have some spectacular new features such as being capable of reacting to my just thinking the words "Hey Siri" rather than speaking them. But that would be a can of worms I'd rather not think about. LOL

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

For me, as much as I hate the rumored price hike, I'm so addicted to upgrading every year that I will be selling my 7 and upgrading to the 8 anyway lol

9. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

The price tag is really important for anyone, but more important I would really like to know what they are going to bring new to the table, because right now it seems to me that they have reached the maximum possible. Any thoughts as of what Apple may bring new to this iPhone 8 or to the anniversary iPhone?>

10. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

We'll find out for sure tomorrow ;)

11. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Usually they just announce firmware features in June (iOS 11) and wait until the fall to announce the iPhone, about a week before preorders. Have you heard differently?

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

They haven't reached any sort of limit. I think it will be faster, have an OLED screen and better battery life, a better camera, smaller bezels and Touch ID incorporated into screen. And most importantly to a lot of people, it will look different.

13. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Sure haven't, so I'm probably mistaken ( as usual lol )

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You're on a roll. :D

15. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

This year the all phones brag about their bezel less displays. I would think Apple follows this trend. I see powerful chip sets and with powerful graphics processing. I hope Apple will bring us AR this year and at some point 3D scanning. There are many ways to use sensors to unlock phones and I would like to see something other than fingerprint. iOS 11 looks great and it also follows the trend of more interactions being done right on the lock screen and integrated in your notifications. Less swiping is key.

16. William Thatcher

William Thatcher New Member

I have to agree
    I have to agree, 3D scanning would be a breath of fresh air. It would really bring they're A game if they do this!