iPhone 8gb discontinued

Johnny apple

Bronze
Mar 12, 2008
NYC
when or if the iPhone 8gb becomes discontinued does that Apple will come out with a 32 gb iPhone because the 16 gb will replace the 8gb and does that also mean people who bought the 8gb will receive that 100 dollar Apple store gift card thing that was givin to the people who bought the 4gb iPhone?

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I don't think Apple would issue any credit this time around. Its far to late in the production cycle now.

8 has become the new 4, but I'm not sure about 32. I think the Touch can do 32 because it doesn't have the phone radio in the way.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Yah there will be no gift certificate if a 32gb model drops. I'm pretty sure it will go like this.....32GB gets released, 8gb model gets $100 off clearance, 16gb model moves to $399, 32GB retails for $499. There's no way they will expect to get the original price of $599 for the 32gb like they did with us suckers who paid $599 on launch date, which looking back we undoubtedly got ripped off on. As much as I like the iPhone there is no way it is worth the original $650/w tax that everyone payed and Apple knows this too. They just knew they could capitolize on all the Apple fanboys, geeks & mobile phone junkies(I fall into the last category.) that had been waiting for it forever.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I don't think Apple would issue any credit this time around. Its far to late in the production cycle now.

8 has become the new 4, but I'm not sure about 32. I think the Touch can do 32 because it doesn't have the phone radio in the way.
And how do ya think that makes us 4GB users feel? :p

- John

Aug 2, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
I think the 8 gig iPhone might be discontinued soon because Apple has just ordered 10 million iPhones, and when you think about it, why would they order such a large quantity unless they plan on the release of the 2ond generation 3g model.
The 3 major Apple stores in NY are completely out of iPhones, which i could understand on iday but not almost a year later. Check out this link.
http://www.iPhonematters.com/article/Apple_orders_ten_million_iPhones_probably_next_gen/

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
...like they did with us suckers who paid $599 on launch date, which looking back we undoubtedly got ripped off on...
For the love of God, give it up. No one forced you to buy it, you knew what it was and how much it cost so you did not get ripped off. Quit your damn whining.

Last edited by a moderator:

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
For the love of God, give it up. No one forced you to buy it, you knew what it was and how much it cost so you did not get ripped off. Quit your damn whining.

Your pathetic toddfather. I was not whining. You just quoted a small part of my post that is a fact anyway. Of course the iPhone is not worth $650 and you and I know it. I probably have seen you post stupid no whining pictures as much as I have heard people whining. In fact I think you just pop your head in once in a while to post that no whining sign.:p

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Your pathetic toddfather. I was not whining. You just quoted a small part of my post that is a fact anyway. Of course the iPhone is not worth $650 and you and I know it. I probably have seen you post stupid no whining pictures as much as I have heard people whining. In fact I think you just pop your head in once in a while to post that no whining sign.:p
Have I posted that sign before today?

If you purchased an item without knowing the price, you're not too bright.
If you purchased an item knowing the price then complain about it later, you're an idiot.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
Have I posted that sign before today?

If you purchased an item without knowing the price, you're not too bright.
If you purchased an item knowing the price then complain about it later, you're an idiot.
I hope you're not trying to say I'm an idiot Todd. I suppose if I didn't fully research every feature I have no right to complain about missing features as well right? You sound like a parrot.:p

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
I hope you're not trying to say I'm an idiot Todd. I suppose if I didn't fully research every feature I have no right to complain about missing features as well right? You sound like a parrot.:p
I wouldn't dream of calling you an idiot. I just can't understand why you continue to complain about the price nearly a year after the fact. Surely something good has happened to you in that time that you can focus on?

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I hate the title of this thread. Gotta think about how it makes all us 8 giggers feel... every... time... it's... bumped... to... the... top

xcissexc

Aug 9, 2007
when or if the iPhone 8gb becomes discontinued does that Apple will come out with a 32 gb iPhone because the 16 gb will replace the 8gb and does that also mean people who bought the 8gb will receive that 100 dollar Apple store gift card thing that was givin to the people who bought the 4gb iPhone?
the 100 dollar Apple gift card was given to everyone because of the price drop, not because the 4 gig was discontinued. i have an 8 gig and i got the 100 dollar gift card.

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
I wouldn't dream of calling you an idiot. I just can't understand why you continue to complain about the price nearly a year after the fact. Surely something good has happened to you in that time that you can focus on?
Well I was addressing another topic and I went on a slight tangeant now this thread is way off course. I thought the main point of my post was about what would happen should the 8gb be discontinued. Which I sure hope it dosen't cause that will kill my resale value and just overall make my iPhone outdated.

I just bought an 8gb the other day, still seems to be the perfect size for me. Probably because I am used to my other phones holding 4gb tops and also I don't really use it to watch video besides a few music videos.

As far as good things to focus on it has been a pretty lame 7 or so months for me. Business is slow, crashed my prized automobile(excuse me, got crashed into) & got screwed by insurance, trying to stay positive mon':)

DUKEL

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
S.D. CA 92109
the 100 dollar Apple gift card was given to everyone because of the price drop, not because the 4 gig was discontinued. i have an 8 gig and i got the 100 dollar gift card.
Well that further proves my point that Apple knew it was overpriced as well.

The Toddfather

Bronze
Jun 23, 2007
Well that further proves my point that Apple knew it was overpriced as well.
I wish you happiness and sincerely hope something good happens to you so you can get past this horrible miscarriage of justice.:laugh2:

Sorry about your car.

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
:eek: You can't be serious?!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I think the iPhone is a tremendous bargain at $399. IF the new 3G version is released at $600, I'll be waiting on line again just like I did last June.