iPhone a Brick? Still have AT&T account? Don't worry be happy!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 15, 2007
I used anysim on my phone to use it in asia. I did not cancel my account with ATT. I upgraded my phone tonight to 1.1.1 and my phone was stuck asking for an unlocked sim.
I took my iPhone with the original ATT sim in it and the Apple store replaced it for free.
I never admitted I unlocked it when I went into the store. The rep I talked to on the phone (who I gave no personal information to), said that unlocking is bad, but their main concern is that a customer would close their ATT account for that phone and use T-mobile. They don't really care that much about minimal overseas unlocked use.

-Mr Woodward.

ojasray

Jul 17, 2007
I used anysim on my phone to use it in asia. I did not cancel my account with ATT. I upgraded my phone tonight to 1.1.1 and my phone was stuck asking for an unlocked sim.
I took my iPhone with the original ATT sim in it and the Apple store replaced it for free.
I never admitted I unlocked it when I went into the store. The rep I talked to on the phone (who I gave no personal information to), said that unlocking is bad, but their main concern is that a customer would close their ATT account for that phone and use T-mobile. They don't really care that much about minimal overseas unlocked use.

-Mr Woodward.
thats pretty sweet, just wondering...did they ask any questions? and did they give u a new phone ON THE SPOT? or did they say they had to send it to repair? if so which Apple store did u go to?

Jul 15, 2007
Bricked Phone replacement.

thats pretty sweet, just wondering...did they ask any questions? and did they give u a new phone ON THE SPOT? or did they say they had to send it to repair? if so which Apple store did u go to?
They did not ask me any questions, except about the SIM, they wanted to know if the SIM had been in another ATT phone. They gave me a replacement on the spot at the genius bar.

****The main thing is they made sure I was still an ATT customer*****

Call first to see what they say....and do the call without giving out specific info. I don't think Apple wants nail hackers, I think they want to nail unlockers that cancel with ATT. But hey other stores could be different, I only called and visited one.

Uh...I won't say the name of the store. Pacific NW is the area.

-Henry