iPhone acting bizarrely!

Discussion in 'iPhone 3GS' started by pomozki, May 16, 2012.

1. pomozki

pomozki Member
    Bronze

has anyone had this?1-2 strange problems the last few days...
    1) Normally, during a sync, the phone screen shows the green bar with "sync in progress". Now all that happens during a sync is a tiny circle at the top that goes round until it's done
    2) this is even crazier. I've shortened some songs (long story, don't ask why) but when I sync, the iPhone absolutely will not update the songs on the phone - it keeps the originals even though Windows has now replaced them with the updated version and thus deleted the originals!
    3) iTunes always used to show which songs were being added to the phone in its progress bar at the top - now it doesn't show what's being added/updated - it just says "updating your changes" and finishes the job

I've tried deleting my playlists and restoring them - deleting songs and restoring them,
    whatever I do, the iPhone still puts the old song on, even though it no longer exists in Windows and I'm syncing the phone with the new songs!
    anyone heard of this before?

2. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

Apple has redone how the devices sync. You now can use your phone while it is synchronising. That is the reason why you're not seeing the green bar anymore.

As for the shortened music you edited, I suggest that you unsynchronise all your music and synchronise it back.

If I'm not mistaken, if you want to see what's being currently synchronised by iTunes, you've got to click the little triangle on the left of status bar.

I hope this helps.

Owie

3. pomozki

pomozki Member
    Bronze

thanks Owie! I've deleted my whole iTunes library, now filling it up again, hopefully it'll sync properly and all the strange stuff will then stop :)

4. owieh

owieh Contributor
    Bronze

I've noticed this as well before, if you shorten a song and sync it it doesn't actually replace it... Had to unsync then sync again.

Hope your issues gets sorted.

5. pomozki

pomozki Member
    Bronze

ha! I thought I was going potty, good to see someone else had the same thing