iPhone activation conspiracy

Jun 29, 2007
Hey people-

I am one of the unlucky ones who's iPhone has been in limbo since 6pm friday and a funny thought has occurred to me. Is it not possible that Apple and AT&T chose to release the phones at 6pm on a Friday because they knew that it would be a huge activation jam with people waiting up to 48 hours and that by releasing over the weekend there would not be a proper news cycle in play to make enough of a PR nightmare for the companies? Most likely we will all have our iPhones set up ( I HOPE) by monday and our crying will have fallen on deaf ears this weekend.

BUT, let's say they had released the iPhone on a monday morning at 9am and thousands upon thousands of customers were in the same spot we are in now, all the news agencies, websites etc would have jumped on it as a major news story and it might have hurt the sales and the reputation of the iPhone.

Perhaps these companies NEW they could not handle the volume of activation and in an effort to minimize the damage released it over the weekend ON PURPOSE!

I would hate to think this is true but companies have been known to play these sorts of tricks on gullible consumers!

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Jun 19, 2007
mine was activated in minutes but it wouldn't make phone calls, but i goten the AT&T email. well i called AT&T this morning and it turns out all i had to do was turn off my iPhone and wait 30 seconds and turn it back on, w00t rigth when it turned back on it was activated.