iPhone activations not available

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

AustinSVT

Jul 15, 2007
Leander TX
been trying for an hour and a half now. still says iPhone activations not available at this time. To activate your iPhone try again later, you may now disconnect your iPhone.

alb0zf1n3st

Silver
Jul 2, 2007
I know the activation was down till 3PM and users have reported it to be working now.. Try again maybe restart then try too

AustinSVT

Jul 15, 2007
Leander TX
yes had to wait until 3pm EST today to activate. Tried at 2:10 CST and since. Open closed iTunes and re-tried again and again....

This has been the biggest hassle I swear (short story: after buying new iPhone last night that ended up having a dead pixel, AT&T said they could not do anything with it since it's open take to an Apple store. This AM I had the worst customer service experience ever and it was with my first visit to an Apple store. The 'genius' was a real jerk as was his manager. They looked at it and said "that's not so bad, you really want to exchange this for that?" Then when they saw my AT&T receipt they pushed the box and phone across the counter to me and said sorry you have to deal with AT&T now since the launch was over 14 days ago, something about it was a convenience to AT&T for those 2 weeks but policy has changed. Went back to AT&T and they agree after they too talked to the manager at Apple store how unprofessional he was acting. They couldn't do anything for me still, went to another Apple store 50miles away and played stupid and ended up with a new one.)