iPhone airline adapter

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

randyg

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
Does anyone know of an airplane adapter that works with iPhone? I've got an iAirPlay that I use with my iPod Video, I like this one because it lets me use it with EmPower AND cigarette lighter type connections. When I tried to use it with my iPhone, it would charge it but then muted the sound coming through the headphones. Any ideas out there?

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
after reading the reviews on that thing i wouldn't go near it.... the targus one looks like something useful i have a belkin car adapter but it only works for the car and only has the standard 120V AC plug i might have to look into the targus one...the usb AND 120V AC plug is KEY! and it works in the air tooo!
can you really charge/use your laptop and iPhone at same time with no power failure from the targus unit?

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Yes you can charge both at the same time. On a summer non-stop flight from Dallas to Anchorage I had my iPhone plugged into the USB the whole time to listen to music and watch movies and the couple in front of me used the plug to run their computer the whole time. The Targus really works well.

reas0n

Silver
Jul 1, 2007
Stamford, CT
www.ohitsjustpete.com
Yes you can charge both at the same time. On a summer non-stop flight from Dallas to Anchorage I had my iPhone plugged into the USB the whole time to listen to music and watch movies and the couple in front of me used the plug to run their computer the whole time. The Targus really works well.
AWESOME! as soon as i can i will be purchasing one of those babies!