iPhone alarm not sounding after snooze

Discussion in 'iPhone 5S' started by Iphonemom, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Iphonemom

Iphonemom New Member

Good afternoon.

I am fairly new to the forums, but not new to iPhone. I have an iPhone 5S. I have set alarms with no problem for years. Now all of a sudden when the alarm goes off and I hit snooze, when the snooze time is over and the alarm goes off again, it sounds like one note then goes silent. It is going off-but I can't hear it. This just started happening this week.

I usually only hit snooze once, but if I don't hear the one note, I will over-sleep. Has anyone had this happen-and if so-do you have a solution? I am running iOS 8.4. I can't remember when I ran my last update. I was on vacation for a week and a half, and really wasn't using the snooze. Before my vacation, it was working fine.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

First thing to try is a hard reset by holding down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't fix it you can try resetting all settings in the settings app under General>Reset>Reset All Settings.

If that doesn't work you may have to restore the iPhone software in iTunes.

Be sure to back up your device first.

For a temporary workaround you could program a second alarm to go off 10 minutes after the first alarm.

3. Iphonemom

Iphonemom New Member

I rebooted the phone and set a new alarm and hit snooze. It went off as normal. I will try your suggestion of setting another alarm 10 minutes later than the first one for in the morning and see if the first alarm will sound after I hit snooze. Thank you for your help. I will let you know what happens in the morning!