iPhone & Alpine iPod car adapter

domzanghi

Oct 14, 2007
I currently play my 80gb ipod in my car via an Alpine head unit & iPod adapter (via the iPod communication port--not by the headphones jack).
Does anyone know if an iPhone & Alpine head unit support each other?
Thanks!

Dom

vtec236

Sep 11, 2007
Colorado
I'm getting my new head unit later this week and i will let you know. My wifes iPhone works on her Kenwood iPod 30 pin connector it gives the error about putting it into airplane mode but you say NO and it works great. I just hate how the kenwood is so slow compaired to the alpine units

RCGRL

Jul 4, 2007
I just installed an Alpine deck (CDA 9887 model) in my car four weeks ago with the Alpine iPod adapter and it works fine with my iPhone! Yes, you get the "not a supported model, do you want to put in airplane mode" message when you connect the iPhone but if you just select "no" as many have stated in other posts the system works perfectly! You can control the iPod selections through the deck controls as advertised!

One note that caught me out.. If you have the Alpine version of shuffle (they call it "mix" which you select with the number six button) turned on, you can't immediately get into the rest of the iPod menu selections.. I at first thought it didn't work at all until I discovered that I had to turn off the "mix" setting and then everything worked just like it was supposed to..

RCGRL