iPhone amazing lost and found story

teamroper

Mar 6, 2008
I was riding one of my horses on my ranch and my daughter rode out to find me on a 4 wheeler to give me my phone to return an important call. I made the call and slipped the phone in a jacket pocket intending to zip it up. I couldnt get the zipper to work with one hand and as I dropped both hands off the reins to zip it up this young green colt decided to start jigging so I grabbed the reins and started concentrating on him and forgot about the phone.

An hour later I went to make a call and the phone was somewhere on 300 plus acres. I always keep it on vibrate so trying to here it ring was not going to work. When it got dark my whole family went out searching hoping to see it light up when we called it. No luck.

6 days later I was riding down a hill in tall grass and just happened to see the sun shining off the glass. It was completely 100% OK after a charge, and not a scratch on it. It had even rained one day and just luck had it sitting up in the grass where water wouldn't stand.

I am sold on the durability of this phone!

lman

Silver
Oct 18, 2007
wow that is crazy. Good thing you did not go out and buy a new one.
Yeah that would have been the worst part. I'm not sure that if i lost my phone i'd have waited six days before having bought something to replace it. Six days without a phone? Sheesh...

teamroper

Mar 6, 2008
Yeah that would have been the worst part. I'm not sure that if i lost my phone i'd have waited six days before having bought something to replace it. Six days without a phone? Sheesh...
I just went to ATT store and reactivated my old nokia. I had only had my 16gb iPhone for a week at the time and couldn't stand the thought of forking over another wad of cash for a new one.