iPhone and Acura TL--sound transfer problem calling out

Aug 15, 2008
Sorry for the re-post, but the original message got buried.

When I make a call from the phone then I see the 3 options (Handsfree Link, iPhone, or speaker). Choosing bluetooth Handsfree Link does not work for me. I notice that the calls only transfer to the speakers once the call is answered and someone is speaking. The problem is that you have to hold the phone and listen and then push HANDSFREE to get it engaged. Not ideal to say the least.
Didn't have to do so with the LG Verizon phone I used up to last week.
Receive calls just fine. Anyone having the same problem? I have a 2006 TL.

GE

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Can you make the call from the HU in the TL?

I have a pioneer Z1 HU and I can answer and make calls right from the HU.
I never have to take the iPhone out of my pocket.

Jun 23, 2008
Honolulu, Hawaii
I had a 2006 TL stock. I now have a 2009 TSX.

If you want to use Bluetooth Handsfree, you have to pair it with the car. My iPhone 3G works flawlessly with my TSX. When it rings, the stereo cuts out. I push the button on the steering wheel to take the call. Use the other button to end call.

I'm not sure where you're going wrong.

thayes

Mar 5, 2009
I have the same problem. I contacted Acura and they claim it is a problem with the iPhone. It doesn't consider a call in progress until the call is answered. Therefore, when you try to transfer why it is ringing it won't connect.

I don't know if Acura is correct or just blowing smoke.

aml2009

Sep 26, 2009
I have the 2007 Acura TSX. I have the same issue. I tested and found that if I select Handsfree Link (Acura's bluetooth connection) of out the 3 options (Handsfree Link, iPhone, or speaker) on my iPhone 3GS to call a contact on my iPhone, when the call is connected iPhone switches me back to iPhone.

My workaround solution now is to call out using the Speaker option, then when the call is connected I can switch it to Handsfree Link.

I had Palm Treo 700p prior to this and did not have this problem. It feels like iPhone was not designed by people who actually use it in real world situations. The other big problem for me is that it doesn't have missed call alerts.

If anyone has a better solution than my workaround, I'd love to know.

jaded

May 1, 2009
Maryland
Hi,
I have a 2006 TSX. The HandsFree works perfectly with my iPhone. I had been using it with the 3G, and last week got a 3GS and it works with both. Once I paired the phone to the TSX, all I have to do is press the button on the steering wheel to make OR receive calls. Maybe you should remove the pairing and start over from scratch? There are step-by-step instructions in the owners manual, although it's pretty intuitive.

aml2009

Sep 26, 2009

We are talking about different things.

I have no problem making call or receiving calls by pressing the button on the steering wheel either. But doing that means I have to read the number to my car, then OK it to call out.

Have you tried making a call to a contact on your iPhone and select Handsfree Link as the bluetooth device? That is what we are talking about.

jaded

May 1, 2009
Maryland
I went out to the car and experimented and found the same thing ... when the call is answered, I can press the HF and say "transfer" and it works. But it's not automatic. Bummer! I didn't realize that, since I always use the numbers I've put in my HF phonebook. Sorry I couldn't help :)