iPhone and Blogger

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 4, 2007
With my old Motorola Q, I was able to take pictures and post them immediately to my blog by emailing them to go@blogger.com. With the iPhone, the posts still arrive, but the pictures are just question marks. Anyone have any solutions or thoughts?

Update: Apparently, Blogger works when you send the pic via Gmail, but does not work when you send it via Yahoo! although, when I send an email via my Yahoo! on my desktop, the post appears...very strange.

fattyaaron

Jul 8, 2007
Update: Apparently, Blogger works when you send the pic via Gmail, but does not work when you send it via Yahoo! although, when I send an email via my Yahoo! on my desktop, the post appears...very strange.
very strange. i have the EXACT opposite problem... emailing posts from yahoo! works fine for me, but i can't get my gmail ot work. anybody have any ideas why this might be?

mofovo

Jul 8, 2007
hey can i see how iPhone pics look on your blogger site? I plan to get an iPhone for mobile picture blog purposes.

thanks!

stiphone

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Tucson, Arizona
very strange. i have the EXACT opposite problem... emailing posts from yahoo! works fine for me, but i can't get my gmail ot work. anybody have any ideas why this might be?
I had the exact same problem and is gonna give up blogging very soon. Thought that it'll be easier with my iPhone but doesn't seem to be the case. Would appreciate very much if someone can enlighten me on this too!

kidapollo

Jul 1, 2007
I couldn't get my .Mac or my GMail accounts to work with the mobile posting on blogger, so I signed up for Photobucket and email my photos from my iPhone to that account, resize them for the Web, right from the iPhone, and then share them to blogger. Almost instantly, when I log into my blogger account, a new post is started with the photo that I've shared from Photobucket. The html is done, too. I usually delete the Photobucket promotional coding and center the photo for the post, then finish the post with whatever I want to say. All from my iPhone.

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
Has anyone gotten a good work around for this? This kind of irritates me, I can send the message, and it gets there but just like someone else said, got the silly question mark. There has to be an easy way to do it

I use Flickr to host the pictures...it has a whiz-bang solution to tie everything into different types of blogs. (I use wordpress)

You just snap a picture, email it to the flickr address you set up and voila!

Email subject = title
Email body = blog posting

You can set it up at www.flickr.com

if ya get REALLY bored, you can check out my blog to see how it looks at:

http://blog.mrwoofus.com/blog

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I already have a blog I had been using and among my lame friends seems popular , are you saying there is a way using flickr that forwards my posts ? I can send pica no problem to anyone but when I try the blog I just get the question mark

I already have a blog I had been using and among my lame friends seems popular , are you saying there is a way using flickr that forwards my posts ? I can send pica no problem to anyone but when I try the blog I just get the question mark
They have an interface to use the following blogs:

Atom Enabled Blogs
Blogger
Blogger API Enabled Blogs
Blogger Beta*
LiveJournal
Manila
Meta Weblog API Enabled Blogs
Movable Type
Typepad
Vox
WordPress

coinstar99

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
I tried Flickr and it worked for one picture but then after that I couldn't get anything at all working. I changed the setup on my iPhone to use G-Mail instead of Yahoo! and it blogging worked perfectly! So I guess I will just do G-Mail, I am gonna miss the push email, but at least everyone has this email address right?