iPhone and Bluetooth

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

warren172

Jul 1, 2007
I have just received my iPhone and everything works great. One problem i have is the bluetooth headset. When working i am unable to touch my bluetooth button and make a call while my phone is in my holster all i get is dead air. It works with incomming calls but you have to make your calls manually then the screen shows the motorola 700 logo but unless you touch the screen of choice it will not transfer to your bluetooth headset. the options given on the screen are motorola 700 - iPhone - speakerphone unless you touch the motorola 700 on the screen you will have to talk using the iPhone to your hear. Is this normal for the iPhone? I had a blackberry pearl and when i used my bluetooth i could tap the button on the headset and i would hear say a name or dial but with the iPhone nothing just dead air.

This would be a drawback while driving or wanting to just call someone while your iPhone is in your holster or on your desk.

Any ideas would be appreciated.:mad:

cman6453

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I have just received my iPhone and everything works great. One problem i have is the bluetooth headset. When working i am unable to touch my bluetooth button and make a call while my phone is in my holster all i get is dead air. It works with incomming calls but you have to make your calls manually then the screen shows the motorola 700 logo but unless you touch the screen of choice it will not transfer to your bluetooth headset. the options given on the screen are motorola 700 - iPhone - speakerphone unless you touch the motorola 700 on the screen you will have to talk using the iPhone to your hear. Is this normal for the iPhone? I had a blackberry pearl and when i used my bluetooth i could tap the button on the headset and i would hear say a name or dial but with the iPhone nothing just dead air.

This would be a drawback while driving or wanting to just call someone while your iPhone is in your holster or on your desk.

Any ideas would be appreciated.:mad:
I think I misunderstood your problem in the other thread. Sorry 'bout that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think the iPhone has voice dialing capabilities like the Pearl. So, the iPhone is not going to react to a button press. Maybe that's in the works? I see where it could potentially be an issue while driving. I've been doing it for years though. Never had any luck with the voice dialing on ANY phone so I'd just pick up the handset, dial and set it down while I wait for the call to connect.

What'd I do is put your most dialed calls in your Favorites. At least the lessens the keystrokes.

tray

Jul 1, 2007
milwaukee, wi
everymoment.org
correct - no click to voice dial from BT headsets at this point
i sure hope this is a future "software" upgrade... i miss my voice calling.. even though it really sucked on my old phone (i'm sure it was pretty funny to "passers-by" seeing me hit my head and then have to YELL a name.. once.. twice.. or even more times.. just for my old phone to recognize it. heh. i'm sure Apple will handle that better in the future :) )

Oct 23, 2008
Has any thing new happened to this missing feature? I really do miss using my blue tooth to do voice dialing - any new apps that would provide this feature? Thanks
Brenda

BrownGem

Zealot
Gold
Feb 27, 2009
Texas
My jabra bluetooth will answer the phone with a tap on the headset. No need to touch the screen. There is one bluetooth headset that has built in voice dial..called BlueAnt V1 (and it is compatible with iPhone).....search the site or web for more info. It has its own program to voice dial however, you can only voicedial 10 numbers...and the first 5 are preset...home, voicemail, goog411..stuff like that. It is something to consider if you can settle for the limitations.