iPhone and Car Head units..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
Anyone been able to get their iPhone to work with their cars Head unit using a intergrated iPod cable?

I Have a Alpine 9883(I think its 9883) Head unit, before the 1.01 patch I could select songs and what not through the head unit, but all sound would only come through the Phones Speakers, now after the patch the head unit Sees the iPhone as a iPod but wont do anything.... grrrrr :(

I know its really designed to work with it and all.. and in no way am I complaining, But woulda been a real nice bonus if it did work. Anyone have any success with integrating their iPhone into their Head unit?

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
I also have an alpine. I started a playlist going on my iPhone and then plugged it in and the music was playing through the car. I haven't tried navigating through the iPhone with the stereo yet though. All i know is that the iPhone plays through mine and i can skip tracks and stuff.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
If you don't have an adapter or 3.5mm jack, you can go to Crutchfield.com and lookup your audio system and search for an adapter for it.
I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with the BOSE audio system. All I have to do is replace the 6 disk CD changer in the back with the adapter and I am all set. Or I can pipe it through the AUX jack for the entertainment system and play through that way.
Either way, setup is fairly easy with minimal (depending on your stereo mount) installation