iPhone and current cingular family plan, 2 yr contract

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jun 26, 2007
currently i have a line on a cingular family plan that my parents started. the line i have is not the main line, so it is 9.99 a month. will this line qualify for the $20 a month charge for the iPhone, making it $29.99, or will i have to start a whole new plan to get it. also, does the 2 yr contract extend my current contract or completely start over my contract. i am also not eligible for an upgrade till september, can i still get the iPhone on friday?

thanks in advance for your help.

emerrill

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
You should be able to just add the data plan.

Also, according to the AT&T corp. spokesperson, it will reset your contract, not extend it.

Ranged30

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
currently i have a line on a cingular family plan that my parents started. the line i have is not the main line, so it is 9.99 a month. will this line qualify for the $20 a month charge for the iPhone, making it $29.99, or will i have to start a whole new plan to get it. also, does the 2 yr contract extend my current contract or completely start over my contract. i am also not eligible for an upgrade till september, can i still get the iPhone on friday?

thanks in advance for your help.
Yes! Trust me you can add any service to any line you have. I have done this many times and I have 3 lines of service. People should really stop worrying about the contract stuff. ANY EXISTING CUSTOMER WILL GET AN iPhone IF THEY WANT ONE.

Jun 26, 2007
thankfully my parents agreed to let me buy one (im still in high school), even though i am using my own money so i don't understand how it affects them. o well, im still getting one and i cant wait.