iPhone and Family txt

jeremymobile

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
I wanted to get the family unlimited txt for $30 and was told at the store I could not. Well I called AT&T and you can. You still have to keep the smallest iPhone media plan, but the rest of your family get's the unlimited txt. I have 200 txt with my iPhone plan and once those are used it goes to the family unlmtd. So basicly you pay $20 for the iPhone plan that gives you web, and $30 that gives you family unlimited txt.

If this has already been pointed out sorry.

HACK 1.1.3:cool:

Diane031

Jan 17, 2008
:mad:the crappy thing is at the corp. store they say no. I wish people in the store knew what they were doing.
I agree. I asked at the corporate store and they said that I would not pull from our family's unlimited plan. I just received my first billing since activating my iPhone and the billing code next to the text messages I've used reflects that they are being pulled from my family unlimited plan. I was hoping that this was not just a mistake in billing, but reading this forum has confirmed to me that the store is clueless.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
is this still true? i went into att today and they said i would have to pay the extra $20 a month for unlimited text on the iPhone even though my family plan has unlimited text

They don't know what the he** they are talking about :) ive had it on my plan for months . Just add it online and it will work fine

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Holy shiite....I just checked my account, and I've used 2,829 text messages since I got my iPhone on the 12th! Good thing it says "Unlimited" under "remaining" ;)

Oh, and I also have a family share plan with unlimited text

Jul 14, 2008
is this still true? i went into att today and they said i would have to pay the extra $20 a month for unlimited text on the iPhone even though my family plan has unlimited text
It appears that they are telling the truth. I have two iPhones on the family plan. I went to my account online and there is the option to add unlimited text messages but it has to be added to each iPhone. There is no option to add unlimted texts to shared as in the shared minutes.

There is the unlimited talk and text for $100 a month.

llrickman

Contributor
Silver
Jan 12, 2008
Albuquerque , NM
Just call 611 from your phone tell the rep you want family texting for 30bucks a month . I just spoke to AT&T and the confirmed that family text applies to any and all phones on your family plan