iPhone and iPod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
If I have an iPhone as well as an iPod, can I use iTunes with both?

I know I cannot use two iPods on a single instance of iTunes, but can I still use my iPod if I get an iPhone?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
actually, you can have more than one ipod linked to one music library in iTunes on the same computer. i have an iPhone, a video ipod, and 2 nanos (one for me and one for my husband) that are all synced to the music library in iTunes on my computer.

so, you can still sync your ipod to your computer when you get an iPhone.

Justin

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
Wow, that is news to me. I was under the impression it was only one device to one instance of iTunes.

Thanks for the clarification, and answer!

actually, you can have more than one ipod linked to one music library in iTunes on the same computer. i have an iPhone, a video ipod, and 2 nanos (one for me and one for my husband) that are all synced to the music library in iTunes on my computer.

so, you can still sync your ipod to your computer when you get an iPhone.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
If I have an iPhone as well as an iPod, can I use iTunes with both?

I know I cannot use two iPods on a single instance of iTunes, but can I still use my iPod if I get an iPhone?
I have an iPod and an iPhone synced to the same library. No problem at all!

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
^^I have 1 mini, 1 nano, 1 iPhone and 1 Classic synched to my computer and I often sync my mini and nano with my other laptop. You can approve it for up to 5 computers I think, or something weird like that.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
^^I have 1 mini, 1 nano, 1 iPhone and 1 Classic synched to my computer and I often sync my mini and nano with my other laptop. You can approve it for up to 5 computers I think, or something weird like that.
But you can't aggregate their libraries on your device, right? In other words, I couldn't sync just a couple songs from my friends computer without completely wiping out the library I synced from my computer, correct? And there's no way to get those songs off my ipod onto my computer back home, correcto?

I've never owned an Ipod (actually this is my first Apple device ever), so I'm not exactly sure how it works.

iamtko

Zealot
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Houston
But you can't aggregate their libraries on your device, right? In other words, I couldn't sync just a couple songs from my friends computer without completely wiping out the library I synced from my computer, correct? And there's no way to get those songs off my ipod onto my computer back home, correcto?

I've never owned an Ipod (actually this is my first Apple device ever), so I'm not exactly sure how it works.
actually there is an option that you make on the iPod to where you can "manually" put songs onto it through iTunes.

so to answer your question, you could take your iPod(not iPhone) and take a few songs from your friends iTunes library.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
actually there is an option that you make on the iPod to where you can "manually" put songs onto it through iTunes.

so to answer your question, you could take your iPod(not iPhone) and take a few songs from your friends iTunes library.
True, i set my iPod to manage manually. I often go to friends house and upload their music to my iPod. You can't do that with the iPhone though.