iPhone and iTunes: Update before or after?

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
I've noticed something. The latest release of iTunes software, 7.1.1 (5), came with new support for the Apple TV. I am assuming that there will soon be another release of iTunes software, this time to include support for the iPhone. So when will this verison be released? If the latest OS for the mac will be released on the same week of the iPhone, I am assuming that the newer version of iTunes will come with this bundle. Also, will the iPhone come with a disc that includes the latest version of iTunes, or will the newer version be available to download shortly before the product launch? What do you guys think?

wjp09

Zealot
Gold
Feb 25, 2007
NJ
Noone knows. I suspect it will have a disk just as the other ipods have. What if someone dosn't have Internet Access?

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
True, but wasn't the newest version of iTunes (which included support for the AppleTV) released just before the AppleTV was launched. This is why I was asking if they were going to do the same thing.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Noone knows. I suspect it will have a disk just as the other ipods have. What if someone dosn't have Internet Access?
The latest versions of the iPod do not ship with a CD. You must download iTunes. I think you can request a iTunes CD, but Apple feels that if you have a PC you have internet access.

Edward

Mar 17, 2007
Dallas, TX
The latest versions of the iPod do not ship with a CD. You must download iTunes. I think you can request a iTunes CD, but Apple feels that if you have a PC you have internet access.
I bet that this decision cuts back on costs for Apple. Which is a smart thing to do because mostly everybody nowadays has internet connection.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
It depends on how you look at it. The top of the line 2nd generation Nano costs the same as the top of the line 1st generation did. So you can say Apple didn't lower the price. On the other hand, the 2nd gen Nano holds twice as much as the 1st Gen.

wot_fan

Silver
Mar 7, 2007
Chicagoland
web.mac.com
Is that really the manufacturing price on the iPhone?
NO. At least nobody knows what the cost is. The $300 number was generated based on a guess as to what components will be in the phone. It also does not take into account all the R&D costs, marketing, etc. It just another example of a site writing an article about the iPhone based entirely on supposition to generate web traffic.