iPhone and mercedes connectivity

novice1

Oct 1, 2008
Hi - Sorry new to forums and mercs! Can i just clarify something? I have a 3 year old CLS with a Comand car kit and SAP V2 bluetooth cradle. I paired this up with my Nokia N95 and it works fine. I'm not the greatest lover of the phone and want to switch to an iPhone (ideally the new 3g version). Can i link it to the bluetooth kit? If not why not? Without being too techi is all bluetooth not the same?. (I am not too bothered about the bonus of charging my phone as i can always use a cable to the lighter.). If it doesn't what exactly would i need to buy for this phone and does anyone know if it will work well?
many thanks.

Saverino

Zealot
Gold
Jun 1, 2008
Burbank
Hi - Sorry new to forums and mercs! Can i just clarify something? I have a 3 year old CLS with a Comand car kit and SAP V2 bluetooth cradle. I paired this up with my Nokia N95 and it works fine. I'm not the greatest lover of the phone and want to switch to an iPhone (ideally the new 3g version). Can i link it to the bluetooth kit? If not why not? Without being too techi is all bluetooth not the same?. (I am not too bothered about the bonus of charging my phone as i can always use a cable to the lighter.). If it doesn't what exactly would i need to buy for this phone and does anyone know if it will work well?
many thanks.
If you mean this bluetooth module:

...It'll work flawlessly. :)

novice1

Oct 1, 2008
Thanks - I'd read lots of moans! Presume this was just because you lose the charging ability if you have a usb type cable?