iPhone and MOTORKR S9

martigen

Jun 30, 2007
I just bought the Motorkr S9 ti use it with my iPhone, but the calling feature works but not the ipod feature. I want to listen to music and video through the headsets, are they compatible with this model?

Thanks

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I just bought the Motorkr S9 ti use it with my iPhone, but the calling feature works but not the ipod feature. I want to listen to music and video through the headsets, are they compatible with this model?

Thanks

Can you provide a link so that others can see it and give their review.

wrhutch

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
Pottsboro Texas

Thanks
The iPhone doesn't currently support A2DP which the S9 uses for Stereo Bluetooth. I've been waiting for Apple to add this since iDay. You can however buy an adapter for the iPhone that will work with the S9. I believe that Icombi and Sony sell a dongle that plugs into the 30 pin connector that transmits using A2DP. Look in the Bluetooth Forum.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA

Thanks
You should have checked here first. We've known since the the official iPhone specs were released in June, that stereo bluetooth was not included.

Evil G

Jan 4, 2008
true stereo?

You should have checked here first. We've known since the the official iPhone specs were released in June, that stereo bluetooth was not included.
before i venture off into the bluetooth forum in search of my answer and lose my place here, if i attach one of the above mentioned adapters, will it be true stereo sound or mono split into two channels?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
before i venture off into the bluetooth forum in search of my answer and lose my place here, if i attach one of the above mentioned adapters, will it be true stereo sound or mono split into two channels?

So they say.

rx7mikechu

Dec 28, 2007
It is true stereo when it works. I have movies and videos on my iPhone, you can tell the stereo very distinctly.
The only problem is u-tube audio does not work through the A2DP adaptor.

Evil G

Jan 4, 2008
cool thx

It is true stereo when it works. I have movies and videos on my iPhone, you can tell the stereo very distinctly.
The only problem is u-tube audio does not work through the A2DP adaptor.
hey thanks for the info.... do u (or anyone else) use the icombi with the moto s9? i have the moto s9 and its awesome and i don't want to lose it. i read on here some one said the music "skips" when he uses the s9/ icombi when he's walking with the iPhone in his pocket.... ever experience that? and are you able to use the phone functions on the headphone? 2sorry i'm bombarding u with questions?

rx7mikechu

Dec 28, 2007
You can see in the thread below yours I posted the same questions. I have the Jabra set and yes it does have the disconnect problem. The phone function will work, it's just a matter of pairing both the phone and the A2DP adaptor to the head phones. (come to think of it, that might be the cause of the problem with the "skipping", will test it out)

Evil G

Jan 4, 2008
i luv my iPhone now

You can see in the thread below yours I posted the same questions. I have the Jabra set and yes it does have the disconnect problem. The phone function will work, it's just a matter of pairing both the phone and the A2DP adaptor to the head phones. (come to think of it, that might be the cause of the problem with the "skipping", will test it out)

just got the icombi and it works great, no problems... yeah it skips but its rare, usually for a sec or two if i'm screwing around with the phone or moving through different wifi spots.... thanks for your info... really appreciate it.... :cool:

Nezello

Nov 30, 2008
I'm a iPhone and I SUCK!

You are not missing anything with the iPhone 3G. I got one yesterday and I'm not impressed. I have the Motorola s9 Bluetooth ($125.00) stereo light weight headset that will only sync in phone mode not stereo headset with the iPhone. Wow my new 3G iPhone suddenly feels broken. I even asked the f***ing question at the AT&T store will the iPhone work with the s9 headset (which they sell) and was told it would (yes it will in phone mode only). The stereo headset works with less expensive phones! I did some reading and found out that I should of done more homework than I did before buying.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9963760-1.html

Sure I can buy this appendage (a Bluetooth adapter to make my $300.00 >>>Bluetooth<<< phone) WORK but what a bulky eye sore JOKE.

http://www.store.motorola.com/mot/en/US/adirect/motorola;jsessionid=0DD9A96E8115B0F3057FC6FA9711D57D.mot3?cmd=catProductDetail&entryPoint=adirect&productID=89147J&messageType=catProductDetail&showAddButton=true

Apple bites hence their logo...