iPhone and Outlook Exchange Server

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

iScott79

Nov 27, 2007
Can someone please give me some advice on how to get my work's email working on my iPhone? I notice it says something about IMAP, but this is beyond me and over my head. Anyone have some simple step by step instructions I can follow to get this working ASAP...

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
Can someone please give me some advice on how to get my work's email working on my iPhone? I notice it says something about IMAP, but this is beyond me and over my head. Anyone have some simple step by step instructions I can follow to get this working ASAP...

THANKS AHEAD OF TIME
Your company has to have imap activated on their mail server for it to function. My company wont do that because they consider it a security risk. I don't know the details on what exactly the threat is using it but I have to access my work email through their webmail site. Not much help but the first thing I would do is check with your system administrator and see if they have imap activated on their email server.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
It's a setting on the Exchange service itself. You'd have to talk to your Sys Admin and have them enable it. The only issue might be that they won't want to enable IMAP access outside the office so you might only be able to get the email while you are in the office.